Micro-Mark for micro drills and taps?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90LX_Notch

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Has anyone use Micro-Mark's number 60 through 80 drills or their 00-90 0-80 taps and dies? I like that I can buy individual drill sizes in quantities of 6. However, at these sizes, I don't want the frustration inherent with inferior tools. I want to know that I have half a chance of success when I attempt to go this small.

I can not speak for drills and taps, but after buying several different 00-90 dies, the Micro-Mark 00-90 die is the best one that I have found. They are hard to find any way, so the selection is limited in this size. I have threaded about 500 3/64 diameter brass rods with it for 3/16 of an inch and it is still going strong.
Gail in NM,USA

I have been informed that the Micro Mark folks actually do their own quality testing by having several of their people actually use the the products they are considering for sale and doing in-house evaluations on their own. This insures that the products they are offering are up to a high level of quality. I personally have never had any problems with MM's tools and have been pleased with their service.

BC1
Jim

Back