Member count aproaches 2000

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malcolmt

Reaction score

Hi Folks
I just glanced at the member stats and we are at 1964, only 36 to go.................
There where 20 non members on the board at the time i wrote this,

COME ON IN AND JOIN US

It seems so recently we where celebrating 1000 members, Now another pat on the back for all the mod's and our beloved site owner as we reach a fantastic milestone. Well done all and thank you.

Kind regards

Malcolmt

lathe nut said:
this site is the best kept secret on the net

That is very true. Last week on another forum someone posted "I wish there was a place on the net just for model engine builders" I posted a link so he may be here and some others. Once the word starts to spread, this place will be 10,000+. Best site on the web for this topic!!

Is there a listing of what each member joined at IE: Is Joe Blow the 367 member to join.

If you put your mouse over somebody's user name, the 'where you will go if you click this link' line in your browser (in Firefox, it's at the bottom, I forget where IE has it) will have the user # at the end of it.

I don't think user numbers are ever reused by the forum SW, even if a user is deleted or never completes signup (for example, as of now, the last user to sign up is #2092, but the forum only claims 1972 members (and the member list only claims 1933)-- I guess some spammers got whacked and others never finished signing up.

You can also click on the 'members' tab up at the top of the page (or link over in the Stats box), then the 'date registered' header to sort by when people signed up.

2000 It is then
Merry christmas everyone

Kind regards

Malcolm

Congratulations and thanks for what you started Rick. :bow:

Five months, almost to the day, for membership to DOUBLE from 1000 to 2000.

And thanks to everyone for making HMEM the quality site that it is today.

Merry Christmas.

Gail in NM,USA

Yep, Mike Fendly is #2000. Congrats, Mike, in finding the best and most helpful bunch of metalheads on the net. Ummm, not that kind of metalheads, the other kind - the kind that actually works with metal. ;D

And thank you, Rick. This is the model of what all fora should be. The sense of community & belonging here is beyond description. Heck, you even put up with me. :D

BEst regards,

Kludge

Anybody care to speculate what percentage of the world's model engine builders are members of this site?

Chuck

Good question ..... I've seen a few names here that I associate with the world's BEST engine modelers .... :)

ChooChooMike said:
Good question ..... I've seen a few names here that I associate with the world's BEST engine modelers .... :)

Awww ... recognition at last :big: :big: :big:

Its stunning to me too. When I signed up, #17, I though there might be 30 or maybe 40 people interested in making little engines. I remember people on other sites telling Rick that there was no intrest in making model engines and he was going to fail. When we hit 50 people I thought for sure we were topped out. I could not have built my first engine with out the help and encouragement from people here.

Everyone here deserves a big Thank You for being friendly and helping guys like me.

Kenny

GailInNM said:
Congratulations and thanks for what you started Rick. :bow:

Five months, almost to the day, for membership to DOUBLE from 1000 to 2000.

And thanks to everyone for making HMEM the quality site that it is today.

Merry Christmas.

Gail in NM,USA

I could not have said it better, Rick your a
bek040.gif

Best Regards
Bob

They said, "Build it they will come."

I never really believed that old line, but maybe it's true. ???

Thanks everyone for your continued interest and support.

Rick

Latest posts

Back