MB's end of season picture post.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Butcher

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
A while back a few of the members asked to see pictures of all my engine builds. I promised I would post pictures around the 1st of April. " promise made, promise kept". I broke up my self display into four picture quadrants (A,B,C,D), and one distant overall view (E). These pictures represent three seasons of engine building, two of which were here as a member of H.M.E.M..

A) Upper left.

p1030743l.jpg

B) Upper right.

p1030744.jpg

C) Lower left.

p1030745m.jpg

D) Lower right.

p1030746h.jpg

E) Overall view.

p1030747.jpg

#1 Elmer's #44 Open Column Twin.

p1030751ul.jpg

#2 Elmer's #8 Scotty. A scotch yoke single cylinder

p1030753f.jpg

#3 Elmer's #51 V3R. An oscillating three cylinder engine with reverse. Built around Thanksgiving time so I named the engine "Turkey."

p1030757.jpg

#4 A opposed twin cylinder wobble plate engine I built based on Elmer's #14 in the #5 picture below.

p1030761.jpg

#5 Elmer's #14 Wobble Plate Engine.

p1030767e.jpg

#6 Elmer's # 52 Reversible Vertical Twin Wobbler.

p1030771n.jpg

#7 A single cylinder wobbler I built based on Elmer's #52 in picture #6 above.

p1030775d.jpg

#8 Elmer's #33 Mill Engine.

p1030780x.jpg

#9 Elmer's #41 Factory Engine.

p1030785k.jpg

#10 And below is my final build of the season, Elmer's # 29 Mine Engine.

p1030801.jpg

I hope you enjoyed watching my engine builds, and many thanks to all of you for your help and support.

-MB :)

Good God man, do you never sleep! ;D What a tremendous collection of work and all displayed quite well. Personally, I would like to thank you for sharing the ride with us these past couple of years as I remember watching many of these jewels while they were being built. Quite the accomplishment, please don't stop now. :bow:

BC1
Jim

A very impressive collection of builds you have there! :bow:

Many thanks for the documenting of your builds here.

Rick

Great collection MB. Thanks for sharing the builds with us. That's a lot of fine work to do in 3 years never mind seasons? Are your seasons more than a year long :big:

Have a great off-season, see you back in the shop in the fall

Cheers,
Phil

bearcar1 said:
Good God man, do you never sleep! ;D What a tremendous collection of work and all displayed quite well. Personally, I would like to thank you for sharing the ride with us these past couple of years as I remember watching many of these jewels while they were being built. Quite the accomplishment, please don't stop now. :bow:

BC1
Jim

Thanks Jim! I really do need to take a break. With the arrival of spring the open road is calling me. But "I'll be back", (Arnold S. said that, and I can't spell his last name for sure!) :big:
I'll still be around, lurking in the "peanut gallery".

-MB

What a fantastic collection. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jack

Truly marvelous MB! Thanks for the shot. One day they may find their way into a museum someplace. Looks like you're out of shelf space.

-Trout

rake60 said:
A very impressive collection of builds you have there! :bow:

Many thanks for the documenting of your builds here.

Rick

And Thank You!, For providing this wonderful forum for us Rick!

-MB

Philjoe5 said:
Great collection MB. Thanks for sharing the builds with us. That's a lot of fine work to do in 3 years never mind seasons? Are your seasons more than a year long :big:

Have a great off-season, see you back in the shop in the fall

Cheers,
Phil

Thanks Phil! I'm looking forward to it. :)

-MB

Troutsqueezer said:
Truly marvelous MB! Thanks for the shot. One day they may find their way into a museum someplace. Looks like you're out of shelf space.

-Trout

Thank you, and your welcome Trout! Museum? Or maybe "Honey" will have a Garage Sale! She once said "build more!, I'll have lots of money when I sell them!" :big:

Its getting a little tight on those shelves for sure. Its good that I emptied all the bottles of liquor! ;D

-MB

MB,
That's a truly impressive collection! And all of it very great work, I remember you documenting many of them here.

Thanks for displaying them all in one post.

ksouers said:
MB,
That's a truly impressive collection! And all of it very great work, I remember you documenting many of them here.

Thanks for displaying them all in one post.

Thanks Kevin! I really enjoyed sharing my builds and posting my progress.

With the watchful eyes on me, I was able to stay focused and complete every build.

All of you Helped me to do it! :bow:

Thanks!

-MB

This should be called the Inspiration Post, if this doesn’t make you won’t to make chips fly nothing will.
GREAT work MB th_wav

Jeff02 said:
This should be called the Inspiration Post, if this doesn’t make you won’t to make chips fly nothing will.
GREAT work MB th_wav

Thanks Jeff!

I want to see you shop buried in chips, and all your finished projects when I come back! :big:

-MB

Beautiful display of your talent. I'll bet you have some fond memories everytime you look at it.

capjak said:
What a fantastic collection. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jack

Thanks capjak! I enjoyed sharing it with all of you! :)

-MB

putputman said:
Beautiful display of your talent. I'll bet you have some fond memories everytime you look at it.

Thanks putputman! I like to think of myself as a person "persistently pursuing the ability to do what talented men can do." ;D

-MB

MB,

Thanks for sharing your builds.

Perhaps in your "off" season you can build some shelves to hold next seasons engines.

SAM

Latest posts

Back