MB's end of season picture post.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deere_x475guy said:
MB....very nice display...I am envious... :bow:

Thanks for the bow!

Envy, anger, fear, jealousy, hate, etc' can all be good emotions if used properly and in a positive way to your advantage.

Anger and fear are my favorite!

Fear: When I'm 'afraid' of a complicated part I take my time and try real hard to avoid making it twice. The result is usually a good part.

Anger: When I blotch up a part I get 'angry' enough to increase my my focus. And I usually make a perfect replacement part, in half the time.

-MB

SAM in LA said:
MB,

Thanks for sharing your builds.

Perhaps in your "off" season you can build some shelves to hold next seasons engines.

SAM

Thanks SAM. You just gave me a great idea! :bow:

On both sides of the open shelves are shallow cabinets, also with adjustable shelves. All I need to do is get "Honey" to clear out all the clutter, and presto! I have more than doubled the space for future engine builds. And I don't even need to get my hands dirty! ;D

-MB

Wow MB.
Missed all this because I had to work today...now I can only repeat what everyone else has said.
Fantastic collection.
Thanks for sharing.
Wonderful builds/threads.
Inspirational.

Very nice.

Great collection MB. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Enjoy your Spring, the open road, and be safe.

Bill

zeeprogrammer said:
Wow MB.
Missed all this because I had to work today...now I can only repeat what everyone else has said.
Fantastic collection.
Thanks for sharing.
Wonderful builds/threads.
Inspirational.

Very nice.

Thanks for the compliments, 'Big Guy'. :)

Ya know what Zee, The real tough and confident 'Big Guys' that I know never need to get into "confrontations". Their intelligence won't allow them to lower themselves to stupid behavior that invites trouble. And you know that the biggest, toughest, elephant's in the jungle fear the small brave mouse! ;)

-MB

Wow, what a nice collection of engines. And a beautiful display. Very, very nice work.

Chuck

b.lindsey said:
Great collection MB. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Enjoy your Spring, the open road, and be safe.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

Safety on the open road is a no.1 priority for motorcyclists in today's fast paced driving environments. Many people use their peripheral vision to spot oncoming cars when they stop at intersections (many never look or stop at all!). This is a bad practice that doesn't always register a thin motorcycle silhouette that can blend in with a tree or telephone pole. I've had literally dozens of car stop at an intersection, and then pull out right in front of me to be shocked when I appear from seemingly nowhere! In a fender-bender, the biker usually ends up in the ER, and the 'cager' drives away.

Thanks, I'll be on my toes trying to survive the riding season.

-MB

cfellows said:
Wow, what a nice collection of engines. And a beautiful display. Very, very nice work.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. A compliment from an old pro like you is really great!

I'm not saying that to mean you age is old. I mean that you have a good many years experience over me at machining.

-MB

MB,

Magic stuff :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks for your contribution and instruction here at HMEM.

Best Regards
Bob

Inspiring stuff MB - hie ye back!

I can't even think of an appropriate accolade. You know how I value my PDF's of your builds.

Now, exactly when are you leaving and what is your address again?

a guy has to try........... :-[

Ed

Maryak said:
MB,

Magic stuff :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks for your contribution and instruction here at HMEM.

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks Bob! I'm very proud to be a part of this forum.

I like to think of myself (one member) as a single tooth on one small gear in a lathes gear train. There are many teeth (members) and many different size gears (skill levels) that all work together to keep the spindle in motion (A successful forum).

-MB

tel said:
Inspiring stuff MB - hie ye back!

Thanks Tel! I'm still here for moment.

And, I'm already thinking about getting back at it in the fall.

You know, transitioning from one hobby to another is the hardest part.

-MB

Bogstandard said:
A truly wonderful collection MB.

Elmer has a lot to answer for, as well as yourself, for giving so much inspiration to so many people.
Bogs

Thank you Bogs!

I wish I could have met Elmer in person to thank him for the inspiration he afforded me. The huge and diverse amount of models he produced has helped many beginners and experienced machinists to become involved with building model engines.

Sometimes I feel like Elmer is looking over my shoulder when I'm in the shop. I know that sounds a little far fetched, but its how I feel. :D

-MB

Once again; very well done MB :bow:
This is very inspiring!

Kind regards, Arnold

BigBore said:
I can't even think of an appropriate accolade. You know how I value my PDF's of your builds.
Now, exactly when are you leaving and what is your address again?
a guy has to try........... :-[
Ed

Thank you Ed! ("accolade", I had to Google that word). :big:

I'm happy that you found benefit from my build threads, and created the PDF's.
Adding them to the 'Downloads and Uploads' section of the forum was a great idea, that will also benefit others that would like to try their hand at building some of Elmer's Engines. You deserve a big hand for all the effort and time you spent to help others. Thanks again!

I'll be involved with motorcycles and other activities until we leave for Canada for our July/August getaway vacation. As soon as the weather warms up a bit, the call of the open road will cause me to be gone for days, and even weeks at a time.

We don't have a real address up in Canada. Its just a lot number on a township plan up in Barry's Bay Ontario. A few years ago the authorities staked a 911 location number at our gate to assist emergency services should their help be needed. Were on a three mile long medium size lake called 'Long Lake' half way between Combermere and Barry's bay. The area is just peppered with lakes of all sizes. Kamaniskeg Lake is the largest one nearby, eighteen miles long and about four miles away.

I vacationed in the summer on the lake my entire life. After getting married "Honey" fell in love with the area and insisted that we buy a piece of property on Long Lake. After years of searching and waiting she found the right one and said, "Your buying it, and I don't want to hear another word about it!". End of story. ;D

Combermere Ontario link.

Note: in the picture and on the lower left hand corner, you can see a white square. That's my best friends truck with a load of covered lumber on it! He also owns the only Motel in town that he converted into summer rental suites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combermere,_Ontario

Barry's Bay link.

http://www.barrysbay.com/

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqZQix175zI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMxIm5tBrdI[/ame]

-MB

arnoldb said:
Once again; very well done MB :bow:
This is very inspiring!

Kind regards, Arnold

Thanks Arnold! 8)

I put in six months of building, and now its time for me to step aside and give others a chance.:D

So, now that your "inspired", fill in the gap I leave for the next six months, and build as many as you can!

I'll look forward to seeing them when I get back. :)

-MB

Well I certainly cannot say anything that has not already been said. I'll just add my admiration for your collection of magnificent engines.

:bow:

MB

A nice finish to this year's building campaign. I like your choice of vacation spots as well, passed through Barrys Bay many times on my way to Algonquin. My sister's university room-mate taught high school there for 25 years. Small world some times....

Cheers, Joe

Latest posts

Back