Machinist book

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guide book is basically a text book companion to the handbook a nice to have but not really needed. It shows examples solutions and test questions to problems typical to the drafting room and machine shop. I think it was mostly written for college or tech school classes. I think it is good for those who struggle with math or problem solving in the shop.
I USAF tech school we used the machinery Handbook as a text and reference but do not recall using the guide.
If you can set them together great if you just get the Handbook it should meet your needs fine.
Tin

Worth a look as well is your local public library's interlibrary loan program. I have obtained many books on a 2-3 week loan at very reasonable cost (nil - $5 Cdn). Costs, if applied, are for postage. Have gotten loaners from across Canada & USA.

I appreciate the information presented here. I picked up the Machinery Handbook (22nd, 1984 edition) for $15 and The Home Machinist's Handbook (Briney) for $13. I'm sure, based on your comments, that I will get some valuable tips and techniques and guidance from these. Thanks a bunch. Ya done good, Bubba(s)! Thm:

Got my Machinery Handbook today. 1984 (22nd edition) Not a scratch on the dust cover or smudge on any of the pages. Must have never been used. As I said, I got it on e-bay for $15 and the book dealer I got it from is 7 miles down the road. Small world. Thanks for all the help.

Ed (ucated now) ::)

Latest posts

Back