Looking for a good Myford teardown/rebuild write-up

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlfJones

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am likely to be going to by a Myford Super 7 shortly. It is in a very average condition, it's lead a hard life and it shows it. Everything generally seems to be "OK" with it, but a lot of TLC would do it no harm at all. The price it's being offered at reflects that time needed.

I'm thinking that I will completely strip it down and do a re-build, and maybe add some of the million and one gadgets that have been produced over the years for the Myford along the way.

For lathes the the Mini-lathe, and the C3, there are extensive build logs all over the net about how people have done stripdowns and rebuilds, for example Steve Beldair, but I can't find much for a Myford, which is strange, as they're probably the most common lathes used, certianly in the UK, with the exception of the Mini-lathe.

I was wondering if anyone had a good write up, or set of articles, tucked away in their bookmarks that they would be willing to post up here?

There was one done here on a MYFORD a while back. I'm doing a 9" southbend right now. Go for it!

Just go into "Machine Modifications" and type "Myford" in the search box.....lots of stuff from the past will pop up ....

Cheers!

Dave

I don't have a specific reference but the British Model Engineers' Workshop (MEW) would be a good place to have a look. A series of forums that you could post.

www.model-engineer.co.uk

Latest posts

Back