Lister CS stationary engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ennech

Reaction score
These are my first castings for this quarter scale model of a Lister diesel engine

IMG_20130523_144232_869 MOD.jpg

Last edited:
looks great cant wait to see it progress. well done. cam

Nice looking castings.
This is right up my alley.
I have a dozen or so antique diesels including the CS.
I'll be watching.

GUS

Lovely castings ennech
Are they your own? either way, am looking forward to the build log!
Pete

Yes it really is a Diesel engine. It is based on a model currently being published in Model Engineer magazine, designed by a guy in Australia. I have designed and made the patterns on my CNC router and had them cast by a local foundry.

Eric

Looks like a fun project,

I have pulled up a chair and look forward to following along with your build.

Dave

A superb choice for a scale reproduction.

I've often admired Lister diesels, partly due to their ability to run very smoothly at low rpm, so it'll be very interesting to see how the design performs when scaled down.

The Lister CS diesel is an absolutely fabulous engine. I owned one of the much maligned "Listeroid" engines made in India. But in reality, the fact that these crudely finished engines ran so well is a testimonial for the rugged design of the originals.

I'll be an interested observer for sure

Phil

I had to go look up my issues again, that's a great looking engine Eric, and fantastic job on the castings mate!

cheers, Ian

I think I want one now... You have no idea how many times I have started a Lister Diesel engine in my younger days. Good luck with the build!

Very faithful to my memory. These were very popular in Australian shearing sheds and had such a good reputation and were so reliable. The only thing about the model is you cheat when it comes to starting it!

Latest posts

Back