Liney RV-1 - A New Double Wide

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done Stan. Looking forward to the finish line

Cheers,
Phil

Very nice Stan. Also very good machining pictures.

Barry

Final build log tomorrow but....
IT'S A RUNNER!
Now I have to take it apart, polish, paint, fettle.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4tYOLHrPJs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Stan, great looking engine. Great runner as well. Keep it up and we will need 3 tables at Cabin Fever :D

Dave

Stan,
Nice looking and running engine. Will be nice to see it at Cabin Fever 2014.

Cheers,
Phil

At this rate he will have a half a dozen new projects to show us.
Tin

Liney RV-1 - A New Double Wide

Part 8

Grand Finale

The speed build is done. Now to finishing and final assembly.

The base and flywheel will be painted. I cleaned them both with lacquer thinner. The base plate was bead blasted to give the primer something to grab.

I’ve had good luck with this self-etching primer. A few light coats and it’s ready for paint.

Also been happy with this masking tape. The paint does not creep under the edge. Since I had already polished the flywheel rim, I masked that.

While the paint was drying, I sanded and polished the valve block.

The baseplate and flywheel have three coats of paint and one coat of clear lacquer.

Assembly is begun with the flywheel and bearing towers.

Heading other builder's advice about crank mis-alignment, I rested both crank pins on a pair of parallels and tightened the set screws.

The valve block was next in line.

The rotary valve was slipped through the valve block, then one piston and cylinder was attached with a set screw. The other cylinder/piston pair was slipped on.

That’s it. I’ve run it for about an hour and it’s down to around 10 pounds although the compressor gauge isn’t that accurate at low pressure so it could be less or more than 10 psi.

Thanks for watching.

Video will be posted in the Finished Projects section.

Latest posts

Back