Lehmann Lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well Lathe Nut did it again, I said to my self no more lathes, well just one more, someone gave me this Lehmann lathe serial # 1214, it had been sitting in the weather for 10 years, got most of it free the first day, did not try the motor yet, will have to remove the top of the gear box and clean in there, that is some real Iron on them, they ways cleaned up like a mirrow, will take pics as I get it cleaned and finsihed, anyone know much about them and the date of birth, thanks, Lathe Nut, tried to post other pic's but was not able to, will try again.

LatheonTrailer.jpg

If I brought that monster home, I would have to leave it in the driveway, stretch a tarp over it, and then sleep under it for the next 6 weeks because my wife wouldn't let me back in the house.

How did you get it on the trailer?

Z

images

Here are a couple of photos, perhaps your lathe is one of them.
John.

Last edited by a moderator:
rhitee93, If you keep getting them over and over those women soon give up, they don't want the neighbors seeing us sleep out for years at the time, mind did say, "another one" I think she was kidding ? we loaded it with a track hoe, my truck and trailer had all it wanted.
kellswaterri, glad mine is not that big, found out they were used a lot in the oil field most had large spindle bores to thread casing and drill pipe, thanks.

Yup that's an oldie right there.... Lehmann is still in business. I am the lead mechanic there, let me know if I could help

Latest posts

Back