Lawnmowers.. eh.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanofid

Reaction score

I had my day planned. Mow my mom's grass, then head into the shop to work on
my project engine. Simple.

First pull on the old Yard-Man and out comes the starter rope. Next thing I know...

Yard-man.jpg

Off to Ace Hardware, all the way into town, for a piece of string for a 14 year old mower.
Dad bought it 7 years before he died, and he's been gone 7 years. They just don't make
string like they used to.

By the time I got done, I realized it had been fun. And I still got to work on a small engine.
If it weren't for the idiocy of growing tiny plants just to cut them down, it even would
have made sense! :D

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Dean

Deanofid said:
If it weren't for the idiocy of growing tiny plants just to cut them down, it even would
have made sense! :D

Dean

Oh how true :bow: Were I master of my own destiny ???, concrete and green paving paint would free up more time for models. Of course I value my various bits and pieces to much to make such a suggestion. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

My Dad always told us there are two types of plants, weeds and trees. A tree is anything to big to mow over. ;D

I'm lucky Bob, the missus thinks the same way as you and I do.

With all the technology about nowadays, you would have thought they would have come up with packets of 'grow your own green concrete'.

I haven't owned a lawnmower for many years, so I don't have to go thru what Dean has had to endure.

Pure bliss !!

Bogs

Deanofid said:
I realized it had been fun.

I think he has seen Tom Sawyer lately and he's trying to get someone to paint his fence, I mean mown his lawn for him :big: :big: :big: :big:

Those are nice mowers. Other than the pull start cord it should last a long time.

I like working on mowers and trimmers. I'm getting pretty good at it too.

Dean: Did You sneak across the border and steal our "eh"?

Twmaster said:
Those are nice mowers. Other than the pull start cord it should last a long time.

I suppose so, Mike, since it's already 14 years old. All it's had done to it is oil changes and a spark plug now and then, (and a string). It has a little American flag on the deck telling where it was made. A sturdy machine.

Stan said:
Dean: Did You sneak across the border and steal our "eh"?

Why not, eh? It should have been more of a disgust thing, Stan, like "meh.."
I don't how to express grunts and other primitive noises in type. Sorry, eh?

Dean

Latest posts

Back