Laminar flow strirling engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please come back and tell us about yourself and what you are making. For a first post, this is rather obscure. Stan

It's a single piston stirling engine with no displacer no one really knows how it works
a the end on the piston tube there is something called a regenerator

All the ones I've ever seen used steel wool. Very neat engine. I've read some theories on how they operate as I'm sure you have. Regardless a very fascinating engine!

I spent about eighteen months experimenting with lamina engines. Without going into a lot of detail. I found that plain steel wool is about 50% more efficient than SS wool. I also found that the ratio of free space to space filled with steel wool is a significant factor.

I could go on for pages but I don't want to spoil your fun! ;D

I'm using steel wool and I doesn't work do you have Any plans or diagrams for them

If you Google 'lamina engine' you will find lots of designs and plans. HTH Stan

Matterest said:
I'm using steel wool and I doesn't work do you have Any plans or diagrams for them
......Try a stainless pot scrubber. The steel wool should be very coarse grade and packed loosely in the tube. You may have problems elsewere in your motor. ;D [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqWU6MMg4CY[/ame]

Latest posts

Back