• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jacobs #100 Chuck

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I don't plan on bidding on your chuck, I have two comments.
You only ship to the US where there is a glut of machine tooling while in Canada there is a shortage, and buyers are prepared to pay higher prices. Shipping items such as this to Canada only requires a free sticker from the USPS and will probably ship First Class Mail for less than $10.00. One seller sent me a 4" 4 jaw lathe chuck First Class Mail for $9.00 postage.

For shipping to the US your shipping charge seems to be more than double what other sellers charge for flat rate box.

I see you are young and I am trying to help you get the best price, when selling on ebay, not just being critical.

Thanks for your feedback. I used to do a lot of shipping of electronics projects back and forth between the US and Canada, and have yet to have a good time with it. I end up with an hour long ordeal hassling with the folks at my post office. So although I would like to, for now I'm stuck. I'm also using the smallest flat rate box that will fit the chuck, if there's a better way please let me know.(EDIT: I was able to ind a way to close a smaller box with the chuck in it, win!)
Again, thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Jeremy: You need to study the rules for the Green Sticker and the White sticker. If the parcel meets the Green sticker rule you don't even have to go to the counter. Pick up a pack of stickers at the Post office and just write the name of the item and the price on the sticker and throw it in the mail. The White sticker has a little more info and has to be stamped at the counter.

After saying all that, if you are into commercial shipment of goods, that is an entirely different matter and pretty much requires the services of a Customs Broker.

Latest posts

Back