Its First-Steam-Engine time!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That hand wheel or rather finger wheel is gorgeous. You are certainly adapt at soldering complex fabrications. Your engine is a wonder to look at. Just 2 days ago I went through all of the pages in sequence on your build. If you hadn't of said that you weren't a tool and die guy I would have thought you were. I can relate to your experience of watching and reading topics here on this site. When I was in my teens I used to watch my Grandfather machine and fabricate in his basement after his so called retirement from machining. He was actually busier machining after retirement than during his regular work. I learned so much from just watching. I didn't ask questions as I didn't want him to get distracted and make a mistake. Made that error once.

I am enjoying your posts and your engine. Great work.

Daniel

I am in same situation like you, but I not yet decide which project to take !

Good job !

Finally afther so many time... I finish my little engine today!

Here are some pictures of the final tasks:

1s0aac.jpg[

Here Im trying to make a seccond attemp for the front sheet, again from stainles steel, remember the first one? well this one didn't go well too...

108ffhf.jpg

1432k2o.jpg

After the "etching"... well, It was worse that the first, so I give up with the idea of a engraved stainless steel front sheet..

then some painting:

2hgaa1l.jpg

Here is the Steam/Air inlet tube, that goes direct to the nedlee valve and then to the steam chest:

2cyf76e.jpg

And afther a all day-long polish, here is the result:

2qmpyef.jpg

34yzk1u.jpg

mb4qs9.jpg

2lcnwi1.jpg

I rec a little video with some pics and some music, sorry for not posting some better quality pics and video. All I got now is my phone cam, but when I have a decent camera I will upload good pics.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBdh-Ujk-l0[/ame]

Thanks to all for watching and supporting my build, It has been a long time for a project that supposed to last only 3 months... It has been very fun!

Saludos

Well done. A good runner of an engine. As all of us that have watched this build we are certainly impressed with the high quality of workmanship. You must feel proud to have finished such a beautiful engine. I know that I will be using this post as a reference and inspiration for my work. When you choose to do another engine I will definitely watch that one.

Daniel

Fantastic Job!

I hope the next one I make will look half as good!

Gary

Finally afther so many time... I finish my little engine today!

Here are some pictures of the final tasks:

1s0aac.jpg[

Here Im trying to make a seccond attemp for the front sheet, again from stainles steel, remember the first one? well this one didn't go well too...

108ffhf.jpg

1432k2o.jpg

After the "etching"... well, It was worse that the first, so I give up with the idea of a engraved stainless steel front sheet..

then some painting:

2hgaa1l.jpg

Here is the Steam/Air inlet tube, that goes direct to the nedlee valve and then to the steam chest:

2cyf76e.jpg

And afther a all day-long polish, here is the result:

2qmpyef.jpg

34yzk1u.jpg

mb4qs9.jpg

2lcnwi1.jpg

I rec a little video with some pics and some music, sorry for not posting some better quality pics and video. All I got now is my phone cam, but when I have a decent camera I will upload good pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBdh-Ujk-l0

Thanks to all for watching and supporting my build, It has been a long time for a project that supposed to last only 3 months... It has been very fun!

Saludos

Hi Anko,
You have taken the German Engine and put in enhancement. and very high standard of workmanship and finishing.You have raised the bar a wee bitty high for us.
Looks like I may buy brass bar stock and build another engine.Will take sweet time to do it.The existing engine was built with aluminium off cuts from scrap bin. After completion and though it ran well,I did have some regrets of not taking time to build a show piece.

Salute from Gus Teng.

That is truly a work of art Anko. Thank you for showing us how it should be done.

Jim

Back