Its a slow go.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artofpa

Reaction score
After that great welcome you guys gave me two months ago I wanted to post my start of the HMEM EZ. the hardest part of being a newbie is tooling. I had to save for a month to get the 4 jaw.

I hope to do a paint finish on the EZ with self etching primer, how fine of a finish do I need?

start_zpscc743b18.jpg

Never rely on the paint alone for a good finish. The better the finish, the better the job will look after painting.

Start with 220 Grit and work your way up to 1000 (or more) if you want a high finish. Even if you dont, still sand the heck out of it. Just dont use brasso or rubbing compound afterwards. Its something I learned in the days of old when you wanted to paint your computer and wanted a really nice finish. Basically paint, Sand, paint some more, sand some more, repeat 3 times, get orange peel, curse up and down, resand it down, repeat.

http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.ph...-guide-paint-pc-case-with-mirror-like-finish/

Its painting cases, but Its metal none the less.

just the connecting rods to go
had to pack my little machining shop up in a big Tupperware and put it away for Christmas.
Hope to finish this week.
Thanks for looking.

art
ez01_zps1b299c84.jpg

ez01_zps1b299c84.jpg.html

ez01_zps1b299c84.jpg.html

Latest posts

Back