I'm new too !

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimM

Reaction score
Hi all

Another new guy here, based in Chessington in Surrey (anyone local ??) I was pointed in this direction by the Mikes-model site and from what I've read far so I'm glad he did - this group looks mighty friendly and very knowledgeable.

I have an old Atlas 10" lathe which I bought in July but have yet to turn a piece of metal on it :-[ and I'm just about to head over to the tool section to ask about milling machines :)

Looking forward to learning lots

Jim

JimM said:
I have an old Atlas 10" lathe which I bought in July but have yet to turn a piece of metal on it

I too have just purchased my first lathe and am working hard to get it to the point where I can make some chips.

Let's race! First to make a part wins...something, uhh, Prestige?

Welcome from another Newbie,
Kermit

A karma point to the winner. Part must have multiple operations. Ready, set, GO!

Jim,

Welcome to our forum
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

G'day and welcome Jim

pull up a pew, grab a beer or cuppa and
join on in

lots of beginers here ( me being one)

lots of helpfull experts too!!

cheers

jack

Welcome, Jim, to the asylum. The nuts are in charge and no one has any particular interest in changing that state of affairs. I can say that with some authority being the resident escapee from the Home for the Terminally Weird. And, according the VA, the Mentally Deranged and/or Challenged dependent if you're PC or not. (I'm not.)

We have beginners, we have the massively experienced and we have 'tweeners all kinds of blended together in sort of a chop suey of interests & levels which makes this an interesting "village" in which to live.

So, pull up a sitting on thing (but watch the Keawe since it has thorns kind of like crab apple), draw a beverage and tell us about yourself in lurid detail.

BEst regards,

Kludge

Latest posts

Back