If It Has a Motor I'm Looking!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought it new in 1969 - £480 - OEB245H if anyone knows where it is.

At one stage I belonged to a car club who did a mileage marathon - not too scientific just top the tank to the brim and drive 100 miles refill to see how much fuel used.

The Bond Bug did 110 MPG at an average of 36MPH!! Not bad even by today's standards.

They are still around but in running condition will cost you about £2000!!!! Wish I have kept it. Only about 5000 sold in the UK though with Holland a tad behind that.

I understood the body design was done by an apprentice designer working for Bond cars at the time as an exersise originally intended to have a hillman imp engine in the back. When Reliant took over Bond they changed the design to fit the reliant regal chassis. I can't find any corroboration of this though.

Nice to drive in a straight line - not too good corners, lifted an inside wheel many times. Top speed around 80 to 90 MPH depending on how long a run you took to get there. It turned blue and then lime green after those photographs were taken, I could hand paint it in a day easily.

Not mine here picture frmo web
bondbug2.jpg

I'll stickto my ford F350. You can fit the chick, the 2 bags of food in the bed and still have room for me in the middle. May be a rust bucket, But with a few patches, new paint job, strait pipe, and V8 engine that gets 25 a gallon,chick magnet? Oh yeah! :-*

It is a pretty cool little engineering feat.

Small as it is, it can carry a passenger.

LumeneoSmera.jpg

Looks a little too cozy for me.
Or, with the back seat removed you have all that area as cargo space.

medium_2312239436_01c88a6d8a_o.jpg

You might fit two grocery bags in there. :D

Lumemeo's Web Site has all the specs on it.

It has been entertaining to look at anyway.

Rick

I built this tadpole trike, the chasis is free to lean into corners like a bike;

A steep learning curve but once you have the hang of it its a lot of fun;

100_1949.JPG
Copy%20of%20100_1948.JPG

Copy%20of%20100_1952.JPG

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e50gyTJl5A&feature=channel[/ame]

Cheshire Steve said:
The picture of the 'Men in Black' in the Smera thingy cracked me up Rof}

Looks like a cross between the Quasar (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar_%28motorcycle%29), and one of those Smart cars (www.smart.com) that has tried to get through a gap that was just a little too narrow. There might just be room for a big V twin in the back though - that should perk it up !

Shhhhhh LOL

"A couple of days ago, we received an email from Lumeneo's PR rep Isabel giving us the business about the all-electric, leaning Lumeneo Smera we brought you. She claimed the car was not as our American eyes could clearly see, a single seater, but in fact a two seater! 'Impossible!' we said, 'Prove it with a picture.' And so she has. Seated inline, inside that tiny little car are father Daniel and son Thierry Moulène, President and Technical Director respectively."

Latest posts

Back