I guess I should introduce myself and say hello...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrywerm

Keeper of the Coffee Pot
Reaction score
I've been a member here for a while, and have just been lurking and learning when I have the time. I used to design and machine components for various packaging machines for quite a few years, but never had the time for any of my own stuff while at work. I finally purchased a lathe a few months back and have been busy machining various parts for some of my other projects. I've also been a fan of steam engines, both stationary and locomotive for a very long time, and have studied them to no end. So I've come to the point where I am ready to build a few engines from bar stock and castings kits, and have been working on a few of my own designs as well. I hope to get a foundry together in the coming months also, but hobby projects have to take a back seat to paying the mortgage. :'(

My granddaughter is two and a half, but loves to spend time watching her papa "make parts" on the lathe, drill press, etc. So far she seems to be a total gear head, as she loves trucks, tractors, bulldozers, and anything with wheels. If that continues, I'll have her building and running her own engines before she gets to kindergarten, making all the waiting very worthwhile!! ;D

Terry

Terry,
Welcome to the forum. This is a great group of people who will be happy to help if they can, so ask questions, post pictures, be safe and have fun!

Where in MN are you?

Jim

Jim,

I am located in the bustling metropolis of Jordan, about 30 miles SW of the Twin Cities. Located half way between Lost and Found, it is on the road from Here to There. ;D

Welcome to the forum Terry.
Your granddaughter will have to post pics too. ;D

Hi, Terry, welcome to HMEM. Look forward to seeing your work.

Chuck

Thanks for the welcome, Jim, Zeep, and Chuck. BTW, Zeep, congrats on the build of the month! I was looking at the plans for that very engine, but was thinking about doubling its size, then using castings for some of the parts to save on material. Anyway, its one of those projects that I am putting plans together for, but being winter, and my machines are out in a COLD garage, I won't be starting on real soon. So far I've been spending the winter evenings filing plans, modifying plans, and working on a couple of my own designs. When the weather turns warm it will be time to start making some serious chips!

Terry,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to HMEM Terry.

This is indeed a dying hobby.
You keep that Grand Daughter interested.
She may well be it's salvation. ;)

Rick

Welcome Terry. Looking forward to your participation and pics of your steam projects.

Bill

Welcome Terry, I know exactly where Jordan is, I worked in Kewanee for a time and we made trips in and around the Quad Cities delivering and picking up tractors and parts.
wEc1

BC1
Jim

Latest posts

Back