I apologize for not starting here!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffF

Reaction score
I'm sorry folks, I have apparently not followed your protocall for a new member. In my enthusiasm for finding this forum, I jumped right in and started posting without first introducing myself. I will rectify that now.

I am an experienced small college administrator who, as a hobby for the last 40 years or so, has restored pinball machines and collected pins and coin-operated devices. Getting to near age 60, I decided that moving around monsters that weight up to nearly 300 pounds each was no longer for me, so I sold off my collection of pins and set about finding a new hobby that was more suitable for this stage of life.

I have always loved working on the various mechanicals on the pinball machines, particulary those that are very complicated and highly precise. Therefore, its not surpising I guess that the idea of machining and model building very much appeals to me. So I am wading in head first to see if I can get addicted to this as my new hobby. I suspect that is going to be the easiest part!

I will, no doubt, ask stupid questions and may make something of a nuisance of myself early on, but I vow to participate and help others whenever I can and to (eventually) become a productive member of this group. From what I have seen in my reading of the various forums here, you folks are an amazingly talented bunch of people. I can only hope to gain a small percentage of the proficiencies many of you possess.

Jeff

Welcome to the party

Dave

Hi Jeff

I'm new here too but first let me welcome you to this great forum full of super talent like you so well mentioned in your intro. I'm sure that we will bump in one another again on one or other thread soon.

All the best to you
Xavier

Welcome Sir Jeff. You will find a wealth of information here from some great modelers. Please Jeff, there is no such thing as a stupid question. So ask away my friend.
Larry

This is easy stuff any five year old can do it with ten years experience. You shop is like a college engineering lab. we sometimes make practice pieces not scrap. learning experiences not mistakes. The only stupid questions are the ones not asked. An obvious answer is only obvious to someone with that experience.
No one here was born with journeyman papers or a micrometer in hand we all had to start knowing nothing .
Tin

This is easy stuff any five year old can do it with ten years experience. You shop is like a college engineering lab. we sometimes make practice pieces not scrap. learning experiences not mistakes. The only stupid questions are the ones not asked. An obvious answer is only obvious to someone with that experience.
No one here was born with journeyman papers or a micrometer in hand we all had to start knowing nothing .
Tin

Latest posts

Back