Humbled

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra428

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Tonight, I had the extreme pleasure of visiting a phenomenal machinists shop. He happens to live about an hours drive from my house and is a club member of the Long Island Metal Workers Society and a Craftsmanship award winner.

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Luhrs.htm

http://www.minimodelengines.com/index2.htm

We had a club tour of his shop (basement of his house). I can not tell you that when you look at the web pics you have an understanding of his work. You need to see it in person. Enjoy the pics

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

Tony

Tony
Having admired George's work for a number of years, he's not a machinist, he's an old world wizard in machinist's clothing. Even more amazing is when you learn just how humble he is about what he does.

I never miss a chance to stop by his show display when I get the opportunity. To visit him in his shop and observe him at work is of the stuff you dream about. I'd just about give up one of the family jewels to have been on that tour.

Steve

Mark, Steve,
My head is still spinning! He is a wizard :bow:. He gave a talk and demo on the screw machine and tracer and the parts that came out where.....fantastic. The man is a true gentleman and the nicest guy you could ever meet.
Tony

WOW, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Pure Magic :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

not only a fantastic range of engines, but a workshop to drool and drool and drool over.
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

I'm not so much humbled as I am totally awed by his work and workshop.

Best Regards
Bob

It's even more than that...the more you look at his work, the more detail you see...Tony, your right you must see Georges work to really appreciate it....and even then its still sensory overload.....George is truly a wizard.

Dave

Impressive. But, I might be even more impressed if I knew what half of that equipment was and what it did!!! How in the world do you get that heavy stuff down in a basement? I am awed on several levels.

Black85vette, the front of the house ground level on first floor.....back of house basement ground level.
Tony

Latest posts

Back