How walking the dog can help your shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techonehundred

Reaction score
Today I was out walking the dog and I passed by a house with the Garage door open and a strange sound got my attention. when I looked I saw a drill press in the corner by the door. When I walked up to look at it the homeowner came and after we had talked for a bit, I asked him what was he going to do with the drill press. He said that he was trying to get rid of it and if I wanted it I could have it. I went to get my car and when I came to get it, he said that his friend that was a tool and die maker hd died and there was some other stuff if I wanted it. So, here is what was there.

Here is the Drill press loaded in the car.
100_0109.jpg

carload of tooling
100_0110.jpg

I started unpacking and Here is what came out.
First some punches and blocks
100_0112.jpg

Clamps and Angle blocks
100_0113.jpg

Some taps and endmills
100_0114.jpg

Reamers and more endmills and a tapping head
100_0115.jpg

Also, Dial indicator and Dial Test indicators(Interrapid)
100_0111.jpg

Counter bores and over under Reamer set
100_0117.jpg

Boring head Adjustable parallels and more end mills and Taps
100_0118.jpg

And oh Yes, the 12 speed Drill press
100_0119.jpg

All for the grand total of $0.00
It was a good day today.

You gotta be kidding me. What a score!

Maybe I should get a dog...

WOW!!!!

You should go buy a lottery ticket right away.

WOW!WOW! WOW! What a find!!! :bow:

I bet your dog will start to look like he's on steroids, in about six weeks! :big:

-MB

techonehundred

No sense going to buy a lottery ticket for today. You have already won the lottery for today, they just paid off in parts not cash. :big:

I can see that there will be no engine building going on for a while. You are going to be too busy building cupboards and shelves to house all your new tools. I am glad to see that they have gone to a good home instead of the scrap pile someplace. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

That's the stuff dreams are made of!!!! Wow! That is by far the best score that I have seen. Good going.

Rover sure deserves a big chew toy for that one! Gooooaaaaaalllll...

dsquire said:
I can see that there will be no engine building going on for a while. You are going to be too busy building cupboards and shelves to house all your new tools.

Dsquire You got that right. I spent the day organizing and trying to figure where to put it all. I guess I am going to have to work with the brown stuff for a while. :big: This guy had already called a scrap dealer to sell the tooling for scrap, but the dealer would not pick it up. He was very happy that I took it and I was even happier to take it.

YOU LUCKY DOG ;D ;D ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Damn.... just Damn....LOL. I just thought I'd been getting lucky of late. Congrats on a perfect score!!

Steve

Well done,we deserve a bit of luck now and again,I couldn't believe my luck when i went to buy a Model engineer in the local news agent ,about a year ago now,a guy came on to me and asked if I did anything with tools as he was moving house and wanted to sell off his workshop,to cut a long story short I ended up with a ML7 lathe + tooling and v.slide for £300 also a M & W tool box full of tools for £25,sold the lathe stand for £140,switch for £35 and the toolbox ,after a day of renovation is on E-bay at £50 at the mo,one went for £260 the other day.
Don
PS I forgot,sold my old Atlas for £150,so did rather well.

Hi All

I have had some very good surprises in this hobby as well. One night after work I was chatting with friends when it came up that I had built a steam locomotive. One of the group told me that I needed to follow him home. When we arrived at his workshop he dragged out a large plastic trashcan and told me he wanted the trashcan back. I could see that it was full of castings, of what I did not know. When I arrived back home I dumped the contents on the ground and discovered that it was a set of castings for an Allchin 1-1/2" Scale Traction Engine. I return the trashcan the next day.

In another round of good luck I had arranged to pickup some BA/ME taps and die along with some hardware from a recently decease member’s workshop. Very hard to find in the USA. After I retrieved the items that I was there for the wife took me to the storage room and told me that I could have anything that was not part of a machine tool. I ended up with enough stationary steam castings to keep me busy for years. Some of the kits still had the receipts from the 60s. Very interesting information.

Tim

Yea, but I haven't even got a dog :big: so no food and vet bills
Don

Let me be first to volunteer to walk your dog.

HOLY S**T !!! What an incredible haul !! Tool envy for sure !!

CONGRATS on that find. Absolutely right place, right time. You've probably got $10K worth of stuff for $0.00 !!

Mike

Back