Hoglet - Compressed Air Version

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Fellows...

Were you going to make an engine that shared the same overall size, and, "look" of the original "Hoglet"? How were you planning to get compressed air into the cylinders...rotary valves, ball valving, your valving methods?

Frank

My engine was going to be 3/4 the size of the original. I had planned to use a single overhead inlet valve actuated by a single pushrod and use my spring loaded slave valve for the exhaust. I will probably revisit the valve arrangement when I get back to the project.

Thx...
Chuck

Here are pictures of the drawings I had been working from. Not complete, but the proportions are correct.

Hoglet%203_4a.jpg

Hoglet%203_4b.jpg

Hoglet%203_4c.jpg

Chuck

cfellows:

Many, many, thanks for filling in the many blanks regarding your concept of this engine., and for taking the time to help.

The added drawings/diagrams and new information are a great help, and I'm sorry this engine never got launched past the concept stage into the reality stage. It would've been yet another great Fellows design.

Frank, et al.

Back