Hoglet Cam

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMyers

Reaction score
Reading over the build for the cam for the hoglet a process for turning the lobes using a boring head it discussed. I dont have the mentions back issue, so I am at a loss. Can the folks who have build this cam enlighten me on how to make the lobes ? I have never done a camshaft before

BMyers said:
Reading over the build for the cam for the hoglet a process for turning the lobes using a boring head it discussed. I dont have the mentions back issue, so I am at a loss. Can the folks who have build this cam enlighten me on how to make the lobes ? I have never done a camshaft before

I have some info around here for the hoglet cam. The boring head is used to create the flank radius. It works the same as the offset method in the lathe. The boring bar is turned to the inside of the circle and the spindle turned in reverse.

Sounds like jibber jabber I know. Would be alot easier to explain if you were in the same room.

Latest posts

Back