Hi from Turkey

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoooky

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am İsmail and 23 years old. I am studying mechanical engineering in a university and I will graduate a mounth later. Also I am interested in model engines for a few mounths.

So i need some tips & tricks for my first model. I designed automobile engine with my 7 friends. It was so difficult. I will scale down this engine for my first model engine. I wish designing model engine easier than normal one.

I have some questions, I will ask you in future. And nice to meet you :)

İsmail.

Welcome Ismail, you will certainly pick up tips and tricks from members here, just because model engines are smaller, I don't think that they are that much easier to design.

Paul.

Start with a simple steam oscillator and work up from there. A modern automobile engine is hardly a first project unless you have sent 20 years as a machinist.
Tin

Thank you Paul and Tin for your advice. I will start with designing simple steam osc. After that i can build it.

İsmail.

Hi Ismail
This will be a giant step for a man! I wish you the best for that. By reading the build logs here you will learn a lot for your enginebuild, so do I!
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!
Regards
Gerhard

Hi İsmail and welcome aboard. wEc1
There is nothing like seeing an engine that you have built run for the first time. The danger with starting out with something too complex is that you can risk getting frustrated. My first engine looks like it was beaten out on a rock but it runs and got me hooked.

Let’s stress test Google translate Thm:

Merhaba İsmail ve hoşgeldi̇ni̇z. Yoksa hiçbir şey görmeden bir motor, yerleşik ilk zaman. Tehlike, marş, bir şeyler çok karmaşık, risk getting. Benim ilk motor gibi görünüyor dövüldü, rock, ama çalışır ve bana çengelli.

Latest posts

Back