hi from darkest manchester england

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexW91

Reaction score
although the username is alex, i am in fact garry, i had to get my son to register as it wouldnt recognise my details... minor problems i think.

obsesive tinkerer, currently employed in electroplating(gravure).

looking for a project to keep me occupied, i have a mini lathe and miller to start me off. Some of these projects being shown are very very impressive. i hope to build a static engine similar to a few i,ve seen on here.

by for now.

Welcome Garex,

I too used to be an obsessive tinkerer, but I have got over most of that now, and I come from not far away from yourself, your side of Crewe, 2 minutes drive from Leighton Hospital, so if you get stuck, half an hours drive and you are into friendly territory. There are a few of us from Crewe.

I would suggest something rather simple to begin with, just to get used to the tools, then gently progress to more difficult things.

It is getting that first engine to run that keeps you wanting to continue.

John

OK Garry, you taught me something today. I had to google "Gravure" to see what it was :)

Welcome aboard!

Garry,

Who do we appreciate
A, C, E, S..........ACES

The Bellvue Aces Speedway riders. Do they still exist. I have my membership badge and year bars from 1947 - 1955.

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

AlexW91 said:
garex :big: :big: :big:

cheers fella.

wEc1 Garex

'x' is normally the unknown - so now we know you, the guys from Oz are likely to call you Gazza ;D

Bez

cheers for the welcome gents, and maryak, yes the aces are still alive and kicking in sunny gorton..

maybe you chaps can help me with my decision, i,m looking for a first build. nothing to basic as i,m also in need of a challenge, i confess i dont know much about steam engines, but i,m still reading, i,m quite capable of following a guide, but i,ve been looking at free downloads that consist mainly of just drawings, is this what i,m faced with? or can i obtain more detailed instruction for a build?

suggestions oh wise ones !! :bow:

Garry
garex
gazzer
whatever..... :big:

Maryak,did you race speedway.I am an old fan.

Ian Sagaris (seagar)

P.S. Google my real name and you will see a lot of my old speedway photos.

Welcome Gazza! (that Garex is a bit too close to FourX for comfort!)

Tel you dont know what your missing mate.
Welcome Gaz
pete

Garry,

No joking with names any more, that was just a bit of an ice breaker.

My shop is starting to become available for visitors again very soon, even as we speak, my grandson and I are getting it cleaned out and sorted.

So if you haven't found anything by then, and you have transport to pop across, then I should be able to sort you out with both a good plan, maybe one of Elmer's engines, and all the required materials as well, plus if the timing is right, maybe a couple of other members will be there as well.

If you can't wait, then I would suggest you have a look at John-Toms site and download a couple of plans that you fancy from there.

http://www.john-tom.com/html/ElmersEngines.html

John

seagar said:
Maryak,did you race speedway.I am an old fan.

Ian Sagaris (seagar)

P.S. Google my real name and you will see a lot of my old speedway photos.

No, but my Dad did, in 1947 I was a mite young and small, probably the same height as the bike wheels. ;D

Best Regards
Bob

hi bogstandard john.

i really would appreciate and look forward to that invite,when would you anticipate opening ? please keep me informed on any update, i wont be rushing into anything at the moment, but at least i think i know which direction i want to go, (i,ll keep that to myself for now)and i,m away next week anyway.

Garry

Latest posts

Back