Hi everyone!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim B

Reaction score
I finally decided to stop lurking and join in the fun here!

I am from the Pittsburgh PA area and am a CNC laser operator and programmer. We have a Bridgeport milling machine and a large LeBlonde engine lathe at work that I have tinkered with from time to time but I am mostly teaching myself as I go.

I have an X2 mill from HF and a 7X12 from Cummins in the basement and I have finally gotten them tuned up enough that I am starting on my first real project. I am sure that I will have quite a few questions before long!

My interests are primarily IC engines but I am also considering a couple of multi-cylinder steam engines for future projects.

So once again, Hi everyone!

Tim

Welcome to HMEM Tim.

I happen to be a huge fan of the city of Pittsburgh.
It's a big enough city to offer anything you want, but
small enough to still be a friendly town.

Rick

Hey Tim,
Welcome, never made it to Pitts, my mom was from Johnstown, did the hourseshoe curve many times as a child on the Pennsy RR to visit.
You found the right place Thm:
Tony

Glad to meet you Tim, this is the place to be. I'm a newbie here also, have the same equipment you have. Great group of people here.

Rudy

Tim,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

KC6UVM,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the forum. I am just about 35 mile south Pittsburgh. This is a great hobby and you will learn a lot from this site. Great bunch of people.

Welcome wEc1 Tim. You could always tell missy that you are going to install an additional circuit in the garage to eliminate the drill press/light flicker problem. (sounds like you are plugged into a circuit that is marginal at best anyway) Then in the process, install yourself two circuits and be done with it. That is if you have enough space in your power panel. You would in essence solve your current problem and clear up an ongoing one at the same nick.

BC1

BTW: If you should be electrically challenged :shrug:, I would strongly recommend that you have a licensed contractor perform the work as I would hate to think of your garage going up in flames,, taking your new toy(s) with it. :toilet: th_wtf1 th_confused0052

Hitandmissman, I am about 25 miles south of Pittsburgh (I am in Washington). Small world after all!

BC1, I think it is possible you have me confused with Bob (KV6UVM) on the electricity problems. However, I am quite challenged in the electricity department! Ever since I cut that extention cord with a pair of scissors at the ripe old age of 3 I haven't touched it! Some things we always remember! ;D

Tim

Ahhhh, electroshock therapy, and at such a young age! :eek: :big: Yes, Tim, I believe I did get you confused with Bob, :shrug: I apologize for that. Now, go to your room and try to get some rest, the Dr. will be along shortly for your next session. Rof} Rof} Welcome aboard wEc1

BC1

wEc1 welcome Tim this is a great place people are freindly here :bow: Thm:

now make some chips and show us the pics :big: ;D

watch out for the doctor hes a bit wild :big: :big:

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the belated, welcome, but welcome!

Chuck

Welcome Tim and Bob.
Bob you may want to start making the mrs things in the shop.
You may get away with sneaking in the mini machines but it becomes harder with a Bridgeport or Southbend LOL.
Tin

Back