Here in Indiana

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcjustis

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been a member here for several years and it just occured to me that I had never been on this thread and introduced myself. So, here goes. My name is Martin and I'm an Experimental Machinist. I work R & D for a large diesel engine manufacturer. I enjoy my job very much and thoroughly enjoy making small engines too. I have been a journeyman machinist for about 13 years. I have three little girls that I'm trying to teach how to get their hands dirty.
When I'm not machining on something, I enjoy building and flying model airplanes. I do mostly large (1/3 scale and larger) planes. So the machining is quite helpful when I need something made for a plane. What usually happens though ( and I'm sure happens to most of you guys) is people find out what I can do and I get swamped with everyone elses projects for them. I enjoy making things for my friends, and while it helps pay for my plane addiction it doesn't leave me enough time for my own projects.

So up til now I have made a few engines. I did a turbine several years ago. That was interesting. I have a small (.75 cc) 4 stroke engine that is mostly done. I've also got a flame licker mostly finished. My latest project is a 1/4 scale Perkins hit n miss. I was thinking of starting a thread on it as I don't see one here.
Anyway, I hope to be a little more active here in the future.
Thanks,
Martin

Latest posts

Back