Help with Elmers wobble plate

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreeves

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Im in the middle of the Elmers Wobble Plate engine and as with most engines I build autocad is involved. I draw the engine as a solid so I can see the relation of the parts. This causes me problems as I want to modify the engine;D. I modeled a vtwin of the Wobble plate but cant decide on the angle. Let me know which one looks better.

Dave.

P/S it is unknown if it will even run.

Woobler Modi.jpg

I am partial to 90 degree V-twins right now so that gets my vote. You might also want to consider a 45 degree instead of the 60. You could dress it up in some Harley garb. That would look Kool!!

Well Steve, I just got done with a 45 degree design and it does look good. The 90 degree the one on the left in my first post just looks too wide. the 60 and 45 look good but not sure which to build.

DAve

45 degree Wobble.jpg

I got most of the parts to my modified Elmers Wobble Plate. I decided on 60 degrees for the cylinders. I have the valves and one arm to make to complete it. I also got all the parts for the original Wobble Plate done. I hope to have both running by next weekend.

Dave

DSC02639.jpg

DSC02640.jpg

DSC02641.jpg

DSC02642.jpg

DSC02643.jpg

DSC02644.jpg

Latest posts

Back