Hello!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAE

Reaction score

I am new here. I'm glad I stumbled upon this site! What a tremendous resource for our obscure hobby. What I like the most so far in a few hours of reading is the obvious lack of pretentiousness and condescension that you find on many other sites. You'll find beginners and experts all mingling! I have a HF 7 x 10 lathe and a HF milling machine that I have had for a few years. So far, I have built a Hamilton Upshur farm engine (which I haven't gotten to run yet). My next project is a SteamMech twin cylinder marine engine. Once I began machining the base, I found it too difficult to make all the curves and such. Got sidetracked into converting the mill to CNC with Fignoggle's plans. It's amazing how one problem sometimes leads to another. I think this it what keeps me interested ::)

Hi WAE! Welcome to the forum. You'll find this to be a friendly place to share and learn. There are a lot of talented members here, along with many beginners building their very first projects.

We all love to share pictures of our shops and projects. So I encourage you to join in the fun by posting any progress and pictures.

-MB

Welcome to HMEM. You'll like it here. What part of this big ole world are you located?

Looking forward to seeing that Upshur up & running.

Welcome to the forum WAE.
I'd be interested in seeing pics of the Upshur too.
Looking forward to your marine engine thread.

Welcome. The Upshur is on my short list and hope to get to it soon. Would like to see some pics of yours. If you had problems making something post up some pictures and ask for help. Somebody is likely to have some ideas to help.

Welcome. This is a fun place to be. As mentioned, we like pictures.
Regards,
Dennis

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Putputman, I am in Edenton, North Carolina (northeastern part of the state).

Welcome from down this way as well.

Welcome .I have my x-2 mostly converted to cnc I used the steel plans. Figgnoogle look nicer I have a set of those also.
Tin

WAE,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome WAE. wEc1 IMHO, this is indeed the best overall resource on the web for our hobby. Glad to meet another Upshur engine builder. My first engine was Hamilton Upshur's horizontal farm engine. That's it in my avatar. You'll enjoy this place.

Rudy

Latest posts

Back