Hello from West Virginia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jixxerbill

Reaction score
Iv'e been the long way around getting here, from backyard metal casting site to alloy avenue site to here...A little about myself , i work out of town for 20 to 30 days at a time. While im on the road i think up millions of things i want to do and even make lists and drawings of stuff i want to make and do. When i get home for my 4 or 5 days off I find it hard to start any of the projects !. So i just troll sites like this one in absolute amazement at the things you guys can do ! i have made a few things on my 3-in-1 mill/lathe, but nothing close to the stuff you fellas make. I have no formal training on running lathes or mills, just what i have learned on my own. One of these days ill start a model engine but it may take me years to get it done... I have a lot of questions to ask so please be kind to my lack of wisdom. For anyone building a model engine on here, post all the pictures you can.. It helps to answer many questions and makes me feel like i could do the same after seeing it done.. You guys keep up the great work...Bill in WV

Hi Bill and welcome to the forum. Don't put a time limit on your builds. Some of us take several years for one engine. It's the fun in building that counts.

If you have a laptop that you travel with you can redraw prints in 3-D cad this will help you get comfortable with what the parts look like and how they fit and work together. then make one piece at a time. Start with a simple oscillator or a Mcabe runner. You should be able to make a simple engine in a 5 day weekend but there is no pressure or time limits here.
Tin

Welcome, where are you located in WV? I live in Morgan County. Once again, welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back