Hello to all

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ger Beattie

Reaction score
Hello,

I have visited this site several times in the past serching for some info. I found it a good place to fine info and usefull tips.

Now I have joined, to give back some of the help I found here. I have built several engines, I started whe I was around 11 years old, build a few simple traction engines and a steam loco. I am currently building a steam launch. So I created my won website detailing my peevious builds and the details of my build of the steam loco. Also there is more details about me there.

http://gersteamengines.yolasite.com/

About me. I am an Irishman living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I am a process engineer for a company that repairs turbine parts for industrial gas turbines. Before coming to Abu Dhabi, worked in Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia and India.
I grew up in rural Ireland, but my father had a sawmill and a repair shop for lawnmowers and chainsaws. Also we repaired the local famrers machinery. So exposed to machinery when I was young. So got interested in steam engines and startd to build a few. Also built other items such as go carts with engines, make two attempts at helicopters and a micro lighy, neadless to say they never too off, otherwise I would not be here.
Since I moved a bit, was not able to build anything, but instead did research and desing a few engine. A few years ago in Hong Kong, broke out a started the steam launch. So slowly building it now, whenever I get free time.

So thats me.

Regards
Ger.

Welcome Ger, looks like you are doing some really nice work

Jim

Back