Hello there!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadside

Reaction score
Hey,

I suppose this is the right forum to give you a little introduction about me. First of all, I want to tell you that your work here is great! I searched for a place like this for some weeks and this one seems to fit my interestes most likely.

My name is Tim, I´m 21 years old and I live in Germany. Excuse my english. I hope it´s good enough :)
In my "free time" I became a mechanic in about 2 years and I´m a mechanical engineering student in the fifth of seven semesters.

Now that my education to a mechanic has enden, I´m working in the tool construction for my company. Regrettably, I miss the job of a craftsmen and because of that I want to do a bit of modeling at home. Not just a bit. I want to do quite a lot :) I´m not to experienced in doing these things at home, but I do have the opportunity to do some things at work.

By the end of this century I want to finish this post - I am looking for a nice diesel enginge to build. It does not need to have any particular function.
First of all I need to gather some experiences.

I would love to her some suggestions of you guys. There has to be something great around here :p

Cheers,

Tim

Welcome to the forum Tim.
Looking forward to seeing your builds.
Where about in Germany are you?

Tim,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome from here as well Tim.

It might be better to start with a gasoline internal combustion engine instead of a diesel. The word on hobby web sites is that diesels are difficult to scale into a working model.

Roadside said:
I´m from a small town near Dusseldorf.

Ah...way up there. My family (and some of my youth) was around Munchen.

Looking forward to your build.

Back