Hello from Wichita

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letzrok

Reaction score
How is everyone doing? I'm Clayton from Wichita, KS. I work as a Machinist in a large company that supplies complicated machining and assemblies to the aircraft industry.

I'm into rc hobbies. I have airplanes, helicopters, quadcopters, cars, and I'm working on walking robots. I dig fast cars and cool bikes. Hope to build a café racer sometime this year.

Looking forward to building my first miniature engine this year as well. I see a lot of great info on these forums and hope to gain even more knowledge here. And maybe I can contribute some knowledge from my 20+ years of experience.

I don't have a home shop yet but I do have some access some machines from time to time.

Welcome Clayton, from far off Australia. I'm sure that you will pick up a lot from the site, and we will look forward to further postings from you.

Paul.

clayton, are you familier with the yard store on central across from the dairy? that is a great place to buy aluminum stock and used tooling. my daughter lives there and every time i visit I manage to find something I need at the yard.

Welcome! I to am from Kansas. Going to school at Pittsburg State. What engine are you going to build first?
GJ

Sent from my iPhone using Model Engines

@Steve, I know the yard store well. Have not been there for a while but it is the best place for supplies in Wichita.

@WSM, I'm not totally decided. Probably the ez-beginners engine first. Then the basic elbow looks interesting. Of course I want to build a big ol honkin hemi v8, but I think it can wait a while. I know I have the skills, but definitely not the equipment or time right now for such a project.

Latest posts

Back