Hello from UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lescad

Reaction score
Hi all,

Retired today! Downside, I have to say goodbye to my myford S7 and Bridgeport, and try to get enthusiastic about some Chinese mini kit.

Upside, Lots of time (and the spare room workshop has central heating).

I started work nearly 50 years ago as a engineering apprentice, and finished as a 3D designer so I hope I can contribute to this great forum as well as pick everyone’s brains!

Cheers
Les.

Hi Les wEc1. Enjoy your retirement

Hi Les
Welcome to the forum.
Retired.
So no time do anything for yourself; others always find distractions for you.

Hi Les,

Welcome to HMEM. I retired a couple of years ago and haven't looked back once!

Too bad about the loss of the Myford and Bridgeport. Luckily I have an 11" Logan lathe in my home workshop. But I also have a Harbor Freight 7 x 10 that I converted to a 7x14. I added tapered gibs to the carriage, tapered roller bearings to the spindle, and made myself an adjust-tru 3-jaw chuck. I find myself using the smaller lathe whenever I can. I also have an Enco Mill / Drill which has served me well. Proabably would serve me better if I'd take some time to perform maintenance on it! :-[

Chuck

Hi Les!!

Enjoy your retirement!
We were talking about retirement at work yesterday and i said that if i retired now i would not have enough time to accomplish everything i would like to...
And i still have another 30 years of working ahead of me...
Time to buy some lottery tickets!!! ;D

Andrew

And another welcome Les.

Retirement is good. Equipment and desire help.

Welcome

ironman (Ray)

Les,

Welcome to our forum wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back