Hello from the new guy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello from Michigan.

My name is Steve Huck and i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have been making chips for about 2.5 years so i am still sorta new at this stuff. I like building anything that will spin tho i have a problem building anything full scale. I seem to want to build everything half or quarter scale. I have made a few wobblers of Gail graham design and others. I have made 3 Cox .049 based engines designed by Jerry James. I made a Co2 powered V8 and am now working on the late Bob Shores Peewee V4 that is making semi-slow progress.

Thank you

Steve

Hey Steve!

I believe I saw your V8 on CNCzone.com. Is that you? Please post up some pictures of it and what you are currently building.

Anyway, welcome to the club!

Eric

Brass_Machine said:
Hey Steve!

I believe I saw your V8 on CNCzone.com. Is that you? Please post up some pictures of it and what you are currently building.

Eric

Yes it is me and i will post some photo's. if I can figure out how and where.

Brass_Machine said:
Hey Steve!

Eric

I sprinkled a dozen or so pictures in the photo section. I included the Peewee, V8, and a few air engines.

Steve, welcome to HMEM! Make yourself at home and jump in anytime!!

Hey Steve you came to the right board. There is a great group of people here with a wealth of information and everyone is always willing to help, just ask.

BTW I am in Michigan also. Lansing area....

Steve,

Welcome to HMEM
wave.gif
wave.gif

Love your V8, it's a beauty.
099.gif

Regards
Bob

Hi Steve,
Glad to see you here. Welcome.
Gail in NM,USA

Welcome Steve, your 2.5 years seem well spent. I am sure you will be contributing much in the near future. How are you constructing your cams? Lathe, Mill or grinder?

Mike

Metal Mickey said:
Welcome Steve, your 2.5 years seem well spent. I am sure you will be contributing much in the near future. How are you constructing your cams? Lathe, Mill or grinder?

Mike

I made the cams (2) for the little Bugatti using the mill. For the Peewee, I am going to try the Shores method with the kam kat.

DSCN0570.JPG

DSCN0566.JPG

Steve, there is a lot of interest in this site about making camshafts. Just see how may wanted the plans of a camshaft grinder put on by Bogstandard. would you consider starting a new thread with details on how you produce cams with the milling machine? I bet it would be a well visited thread. I know it would be of great interest to me.

If you could write something that novice's can understand? See what you think.

Mike

Metal Mickey said:
If you could write something that novice's can understand? See what you think.

Mike

It really is'nt that complicated of a process. The hard part is like you said, puting it into words that someone can understand. If you were standing in the room with me i could show you files, hold the cam, point at things, and answer questions.

I am willing to try tho i might make things worse. Let me toss a few ideas around.

Hi Steve, welcome aboard. That's some nice work you've been producing 8)

CC

Back