hello from southern oregon

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridgedog

Reaction score
Well I have been on the sidelines for quite a while. I lurked as a guest for some time and not even sure when I signed on. I never posted anything but looked in at least twice a day. I must say I am in awe of all the talent I have seen here. I have learned much without sharing anything so I will try to remedy that.

My name is John a.k.a. bridgedog. That is because I build bridges for a living. I am a crane operator on large crawler rigs. I am currently running a Manitowoc 3900 140 ton with 190 foot of stick. When I get home which is not as often as I want I spend most of my time in my shop building whatever comes up.

I have collected tools and equipment all my life [59 yrs.] getting ready for retirement to do what I love which is make cool stuff. I have a wife and 5 kids and 12 grandkids and have built quite a playground with toys and rides for kids of all ages. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will show you some adult rides that pull in excess of 3 g's.

In my shop I have a jewelers lathe, a 6 inch atlas that was my fathers with every attachment available and many that aren't. I also have a 16 x 60 TOS Trencin for the big stuff. My mill is just a benchtop Smithy but it does well for my capabilities. I also have a break and a shear among all the other necessary welders and tools to make neat stuff.

I am getting ready to build a single cyl. diesel engine that I have never seen modeled before. I have not decided what scale to build it in as the full size weighs in at 34,000 pounds.;) I am pretty sure it will be a one of a kind build.

I hope this site will continue to be the great site that I have followed so long.
Good luck to Austin I wish him well. And thanks to Rick for starting this.
Bridgedog

welcome to the forum from a jewelers lathe to a 16 x 60 sounds like you have a well equipped shop.
tin

Welcome John. Please do post pics of your shop and projects as you can....we love pics :)

Regards,
Bill

If this works it is a picture of my new mini bridge crane I installed to save my back when changing chucks and other back harming activities
DSC02359.jpg

Wow, a crane in the shop...
...where is that "You suck" smiley?

Just kidding because I am so envious :)

Latest posts

Back