Hello from Southern Ontario, Canada

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff_h

Reaction score
Hello, im 27 and live in a small rural area of Southern Ontario.
Ive flown rc airplanes and helis for over 10 years so this hobby was a perfect step.

I have been reading here and learning sense before I started this hobby. I purchased my first lathe 1.5 years ago and got my mill 1 year ago with no prior machining experience.

I have a 13x40 Harbor Freight lathe and a Wells Index 9x46 mill.

All of my learning has been through experimenting, trial and error and greatly aided because of this site and the vast knowledge available here.

My 1st Ic engine was finished in December. It was a LME 125 Puck, a 0.27 ci flat head four stroke rc airplane motor designed by Todd Snouffer. The plans and step by step instructions where excellent and I feel was a great way to get started with IC engines. It formed a very solid knowledge and skill base to get started with. It was my first real project and ended up being a good runner.

Ive just got my 2nd engine running. Its a 4 cylinder 4 stroke.
I posted some pics from my 2nd engine build http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=15373.0

Thanks
Geoff

flat4 (33).jpg

puck (4).jpg

Welcome Geoff, nice having you aboard, and a very nice looking engine. Congratulations on getting it running. Hope you enjoy yourself here, and I am looking forward to your next projects

John

Welcome Geoff,
Nice engines and nice workmanship.
Gail in NM

Hi Geoff

Hi and welcome to HMEM. I see that you have been lurking for well over a year. We are glad that you could find some tips on the board that helped you in the build of your engine. Where in Southern Ontario are you. I am in Kitchener so we might be neighbours.

The engine certainly looks a treat. How is the performance? Have you flown it already or are you still tweaking it? Looking forward to hearing more about it and maybe even a video if you have one when you have the time. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Thank you.

I live in Port Rowan south of London on the lake shore. So far it idles at 1000-1200 rpm, have not ran it above 4500-5000 yet. The heads have only got up to 140 farenheit so its not working very hard.

Have some more pics and a short video posted here. http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=15373.0

Have not flown it yet, still working on it. It needs some work on the intake and carbs to get it running a little more stable and reliable. Also have a few other tweaks I want to do to it.

Geoff

It is an awesome engine Geoff!
Sounds great and looks like it was bought from the hobby store!!!

Andrew

Geoff,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Geoff and welcome aboard.
I am really impressed with your airplane engines. You must be very proud of those builds, great job beautifully done.
George

Hi Geoff
Welcome to the forum, very nice engines.
Keep up with the "experimenting, trial and error" ;)that’s how everyone learns any skill.

Back