Hello from SoCal

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aheg1220

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a junior in high school and I've taken interest in machining while ago. I've already acquired my own machines and so far I've had a blast learning with them. I'm also on my high school's robotics team, so I have access to a plethora of engineers and a machinists who are mentors to the team.

Even before I took up machining I have always had an interest in engines, and now I finally have the capability to make my own.

Looks like this nice little community will be a great resource, and I'm looking forward to learning more!

aheg1220

Hi and welcome to the HMEM Forum. It sounds like you have a good start at making engines and other parts. With machines, engineers, machinists and members of this forum you should always be able to find someone with an answer to most questions you might have. We wish you lots of luck and perhaps as you get the time you could post up some pictures of some of items you have made. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

aheg,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

welcome good to see young members . what machines do you own inquiring minds want to know . also what engine9s) have you built or planning to build.
Tin

Hello and welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
Regards,
Dennis

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Tin Falcon said:
welcome good to see young members . what machines do you own inquiring minds want to know . also what engine9s) have you built or planning to build.
Tin

I have a Grizzly G1006 mill and a chinese import version of a Grizzly 10"x22" lathe. I managed to snag the mill on craigslist for $800 and the lathe for $675

So far I haven't built any engines, but I'm getting ready to build a stirling engine.

Latest posts

Back