Hello from Ontario

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steamertate

Reaction score
Hello from Ontario. So my name is Tate although my user name is steamertate, it is because I am a nutter for steam. I understand steam so well, I find very simple, but not something like a Stirling, although those are neat too. I am a model railroader, and I plan music, mostly traditional music (Irish ;D) and my musical instruments list consists of accordion, organ, piano, and many more to keep it short and sweet. I also have interest in older tractors, but not nearly as much as steam. I help a local traction engine owner with his Waterloo 20 hp steamer and I get to help operate (and drive woohoo1 ) it, along with helping with the threshing and other things he puts on. I have most tools I'll need for building my mini steamers, which is why I joined this forum, to help me with my project. I have most tools I will need, I lack my own metal lathe, but every once in a while I'll have access to one. I know how to make molds for the metal (I make wood masters to cast the metal/plaster/etc around) and I have quite a bit of knowledge of of wood working, and I have avoided metal working for quite a while, because I thought I wouldn't be able to build any of this steamer stuff, but I looked it up, and it doesn't look as hard as I thought it would be. So I am going to give it a try! As you probably have guess I am young in gr 8. Thanks ;D

welcome fellow canuck welcome

you will find this site contains an unreal amount of knowledge and these guys will share it freely :)

i hope we get to see some picture of the stuff you are working on.

chuck

Welcome ...Steamer!

;D

I'm sure there would be some of us who can give you advice and encouragement!

Dave

Tate,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi steamertate
welcome to the forum from the UK.

Back