Hello from NY

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineeringtech

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm afraid I am not a home machinist. I operate a model shop for my employer, a small manufacturer. I design and build test fixtures and tooling, and maintain our equipment and facilities. However, as there is no one else here with machining experience, I seek help outside. So in that respect, it is like I am working from home! I have never built a model engine, but I am interested in them, and may build one in the future. I figured the people who could fabricate such neat devices would also be good for general machining advice.

Although I work for an employer, I only have a few pieces of equipment, all very old. So I need every trick in the book to accomplish some of my projects. I figure my need to milk maximum versatility out of my machines has forced some innovation on my part. So when I ask a question here, I will try and leave some advice too.

My background includes 3 years engineering college, followed by 35 years in manufacturing, 20 of which were in electronics development.

First of all welcome to the forum. There are few requirements here 1) show respect. I see that from you. and an interest in learning to build model engines.

I have never built a model engine, but I am interested in them, and may build one in the future.
so #2 check.

We do like it when people support the forum by encouraging others and giving sound advice. Your first 5 posts show you doing just that. .
So no apologies needed. You are building models so I see no problem with you asking for help as you have already shown you are willing to give help to others.

The focus of this forum is Home /hobby engine building so typically we build one off projects. I would think that fall in with your type of machining. There is usually little focus on deadlines efficiency or profits. but I for one could use help at times focusing and getting things done.

The introduction helps us help each other and gives us an idea of your perspective on machining.

again welcome
Tin Falcon

Tin,

I left an introduction. I'm not able to come to the forum that often. Hope people don't mind if I throw an idea out there, and then leave for a few weeks or longer.
Check in when you can . Contribute as you can.
Tin

Latest posts

Back