Hello from New Jersey

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flutedchamber

Reaction score
I discovered your site much by accident a few days ago and decided to join. A retired machinist with a home shop and a head full of ideas. Sound familiar?? Now I have found a few thousand new projects.

I am a huge fan of the old hit-or-miss engines and would love to have an old one to rebuild but weight, size and cash constrictions keep a damper on that idea. A scale model seems ideal.

Amazed is the only word..well..other than awe...that I can use to describe the work I have seen so far. Build your own sparkplugs..machine your own camshaft..crankshaft..just amazing. There is a lot of talent here. Hopefully I will be able to contribute something here as well as learn from others.

Roy

Roy,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Roy,

Welcome. Where in Jersey are you located? I grew up in Sussex County but jumped across the boarder into PA.

Bob

Welcome Roy.
Don't worry about contributing...you will.
So are you going to do a hit-and-miss?
You know what they want here...pics!

I'm situated a bit north of Atlantic City..in the country. As soon as the shop is done, I'll get on the plans for a hit-or-miss engine. Pictures included of course.

Hi Roy, Bob, I am in NJ too. Northern Passaic Co. bout 10 min from the NY line. Total beginner here. I worked with metals for a long time but never in machining. great forum you have here !

Tony

Latest posts

Back