Hello from n ireland

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srgtherasta

Reaction score
Thought i should Post hello from wet cold ireland, Anyway i'm getting into model engines and have little engineering exp ie none lol. But one can only try, I've made a little wobbler engine and a few workshop tools for myself and am slowly building up my skills.
I have a comet vs lathe (seig c4 with power feeds) and a lux mill (zx45rf45) mill, which i enjoy playing with. Any way lots of nice info around here so i'll be hanging around to pick brains when needed. cheers mark.

Hi there nemoc, thinking of trying HH pistion valve engine, looks fun and nice. Will give it ago anyways. here's my wee wobbler, forgive its state the children like playing with it.
2012-12-30%252010.32.23.jpg

Thought i should Post hello from wet cold ireland, Anyway i'm getting into model engines and have little engineering exp ie none lol. But one can only try, I've made a little wobbler engine and a few workshop tools for myself and am slowly building up my skills.
I have a comet vs lathe (seig c4 with power feeds) and a lux mill (zx45rf45) mill, which i enjoy playing with. Any way lots of nice info around here so i'll be hanging around to pick brains when needed. cheers mark.

Welcome and Happy New Year!

Aye it turned out not to bad, tho with it being my first engine the moment it ran the first time, i was grinning like a idiot! Does this happen everyone or just me ?

Aye it turned out not to bad, tho with it being my first engine the moment it ran the first time, i was grinning like a idiot! Does this happen everyone or just me ?

No you are not alone. My wife saw a very irritated machinist trying to get his very first and very stubborn oscillator engine running.

Three hours later , she saw a happy 'kid" with the engine chugging away.

My very first slide valve engine too refused to run. You got to get the valve timing right.

hello and welcome Mark! hope you have heating in your workshop!
Stew

Latest posts

Back