Hello from Michael in Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Michael and I live on the east coast of Australia. I am a Fitter and Turner by trade although these days I am working in our workshop as a Maintenance Planner. My home workshop is fairly small with only a AL300 (300 x 500mm = 12" x 20") belt driven lathe plus various hand tools and a Lincoln SPT170 MIG welder.

I wouldn't say I'm into model engineering so much as small scale machining/engineering. My wife and I are in the process of buying 5 acres of land and I have grand designs (vague dreams) of setting up as as completely self-sufficient as we can.

Latest on my dream list is some form of milling attachment for my lathe. I have made a vertical slide for milling in the lathe but I'd like something a little quicker to set-up in the toolpost...something along the lines of a "Quickstep" mill as sold be Hemmingway in the UK.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to swapping notes and I only hope I can contribute as well as learn from all the members here.

Regards,

Michael

Welcome, You will find out this is a great group of people who are more than willing to help with advice and pictures. Must have pictures ;D ;D ;D

Ron

Michael,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Michael,

Welcom to HMEM. I'm envious of your potential 5 acre homesite!

Chuck

Hi Michael , welcome from Ian at Coffs Harbour ,N.S.W.

Gday Michael.There's a wide variety of skills among members here,so I think You'll find plenty of interesting stuff.
Hans(nz).

From one Michael to another Michael, welcome. Watch out for Bob though, he's building a great big workshop but he's told the wife its going to be a bungalow! In fact her part is a steel container...but its a secret right...... :big:

Well,

It was a secret :eek: Now I'm taking a crash course in self defence. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back