Hello from Indianapolis

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvoght

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a lot to learn, and this sure seems like a good place to hang out.

My avatar shows my first engine, a PM Research #2, built using a Taig lathe with milling attachment. I also built a PM # 3 mill engine with the same setup. The bug has bitten, and now I've got a South Bend Heavy 10 and a Bridgeport. With the larger machines, I've built a PM #6.

Oh yeah, I've built the Tapper, a Ringbom stirling, as shown in the James Senft book 'Miniature Ringbom Engines". It looks good but doesn't run. It's leaky, and I'm still trying to troubleshoot.

There are a number of other projects I've started and left unfinished (I'm sure that's a familiar story). I have a few casting sets sitting and waiting for my skills to improve (including a Bob Shores Hercules). Without any real intent, I've become a collector of drawings. I just bought drawings for Jerry Howell's Farm Boy and have just made the first part for it. I'm pretty enthused about building my first IC engine. There is a (nearly finished) air turbine and an experimental Stirling test-bed (half-baked drawing stage) on the queue...

--Tim

Welcome to HMEM Tim !

:) Sounds like you've been busy.

Kind regards, Arnold

Tim,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Tim and if you haven't found out already..... th_wwp

Regards,
Bill

Welcome to our forum, hope you enjoy it here, lots of people to get help from if you need it. We are kinda needy tho, as in we need pictures ;)

John
in Kokomo

Hi Tim, it's good to see someone close by join in. I'm over here in Terre Haute, and also have a Heavy 10 at home. I am trying really hard to keep myself from dragging home a Bridgeport, so you are ahead of me on the game with that one :)

I also want to build a PM #6 some day, so you are ahead of me there as well. I'd like to see picks of yours!

Welcome Tim.
For what it is worth, I have been working on a Bob Shores Silver Bullet for some years now, on and off. I am close to being finished, and would be happy to share my experience with you, as these engines are close cousins.
So, if you decide to embark on it, let me know if I can help.
Mosey

Welcome Tim!! ;D

I see the bug has a good hold of you already!! :big:

th_wwp th_rulze
We want pictures of everything, running or not! :big:

Andrew

Back