Hello from a lurker

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awJCKDup

Reaction score
I couldn't wait any longer, this November I would be a 2 year lurker. I visit this site almost daily, it's a great site with excellent participation, (no thanks to me). You have been a wealth of knowledge and ideas, and for that I thank you all. I've always enjoyed models of most sorts, but have started building small engines, first was a Ridders flame licker, next a "little Poppin", then a Duclos "odds and ends" and when I saw PutPutman's "tiny" I couldn't resist, I've just finished it and will try to post pics.

John the Lurker

100_0338.jpg

100_0334.jpg

100_0331.jpg

100_0330.jpg

100_0360.jpg

100_0455.jpg

Welcome! I am also very new here I've been lurking for about 2 months before my first post. Very nice engine build and the painted one reminds me of Thomas the train! ( No offense I hope! ). My children would never stop playing with that if it were laying around here lol. Again, welcome and nice build!

John

Hi and welcome to HMEM John. I certainly am glad to see that you are not a lurker anymore. Those are beautiful engines, every one of them. I know that the first post is the hardest one but now with that is out of the way I hope that we can hear from you more than once in 2 years. Enjoy the forum John and thanks for posting those beautiful pictures. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

John welcome to the site. Those engines you have built are first class. :bow:

Matt

Welcome To HMEM as a Non-Lurker John!

You have a very beautiful collection of engines. I started at HMEM last January and have built three out of the 4 engines you show. Much more beautiful than mine I might add.

I like your version of the "Tiny". I believe it would be a well suited addition to the Tiny thread. A post with your picture and a vid would be great.

Kel

Welcome the forum John.
Those are nice engines indeed.
Very happy you decided to make yourself known.

I must also apologize to the several other new members for my lack of welcome. Sorry for that. But you're noticed none-the-less and I'm happy for your input.

John,
I should say welcome to HMEM, but since you have been lurking for almost 2 years you already know that you are welcome. Oh well, welcome anyway.

Very nice engines -- all of them.

Now that you have come out of the shadows I hope you will post more often. Most of us play well with others and find that it is more fun that way.

Thanks for putting your photos in the Tiny thread also.

Gail in NM

Some splendid work you have on display here John. Every one of those engines shows that you have an artistic flair and an eye for detail. I like them all. Well done. Oh yeah, welcome, but apparently you are no stranger here, glad to see that you decided to make your presence known.

BC1
Jim

Welcome John. Glad you gave up lurking. It appears that you have a lot to offer this forum. You have a unique presentation with your engines.

So you made all those engines while lurking? You must have a good collection of in-progress pictures saved up, huh? ;D

Welcome.

If that's what you can achieve by lurking I'm going to dig out my old raincoat ;D.

I Love that Tiny IC and have been looking for suitable IC engine as a first. Sorry to say the putputman plans have struck me as ugly with the square cylinder head. Your version is great and has made me look out the plans again.

Pete

That's some quality work there John. And a whole lot more than I've accomplished over the last two years. Thanks for sharing, and welcome.

Regards,
Rudy

John,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Glad you are now de-lurked. ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks everyone, I'm glad to be here, it is a great site. Troutsqueezer-actually I don't have the first construction photo at all, it didn't seem important at the time, since I wasn't posting. I do however have a box with a lot of parts that either didn't fit, didn't look good, got pretzelized in the lathe (DOAH) or I realized halfway through making the part, that I didn't have a way to hold it to finish it----not being a machinst and only being at this for a couple years, a lot of mistakes have been made. I do however have a friend and neighbor who is a retired machinist, and has been EXTREMELY helpful--fact is ,he says I'm working well over my experience level. My next build--after a session or two of making Xmas presents, I will attempt to document a build. I did find the Tiny to be very challenging due to it's small size, next project will be larger.
John

Latest posts

Back