Hello All "Newbie here"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulG

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been lurking around HMEM over 43hrs. and have learned a lot, Thank you. I am not a machinist, but have a few tools, mostly old. I have followed all of the works in progress and have enjoyed them immensely. About two or three years ago I purchased the PMR 5BI engine kit, this is my first build, I hope. I understand that casting kits are not the best way to start, but what the heck, I’ll try it, wish me luck. I have a Clausing 100MK3a, 12x36”, late 1940’s & a Rockwell H/V mill, everything else is apart for rebuilding. My shop is always a mess, and CRS has me running around a lot looking for stuff I just had in my hand… not doing to well with the pictures, but will keep trying. My avatar is the two flywheels I turned today.

Paul

DSC02668.jpg

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02672.jpg

DSC02696.jpg

Hi Paul and welcome! Two flywheels is a good start and the results look very nice as well. I have this casting set "aging" now and hope to start on it after the current project is done, so I will enjoy following along on your journey. By all means keep the pictures coming.

Regards,
Bill

welcome Paul . Looks like you are off to a good start.
Tin

Paul.

Hello I am new here to. I shall pass on the warm welcome as it was given to me.

I see in the picture the one of you actually turning the flywheel, there is a can of WD40 in the background, I noticed you too in your shop have the screw-up gremlin, he’s watching and waiting for you to cock it up, I have his cousin here with me he’s been with me for 47 years.

I have about $20,000.00 in him so far and counting. All the best. Anthony. ;D

Paul,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Wow! That's a great start Paul. Those flywheels look very good!

My first engine (I started this last Feb) was from a casting kit. The only real trouble I had was the flywheels...you're past that. Looking forward to more. Gee...I mean..those flywheels look good...I wish I'd had those kind of results when I started.

Welcome to the forum! Nice start on the engine. ;D

Hello again,

Thank you ALL for the welcome, positive comments, and encouragement. I will post some pic's of my shop in, The Shop, and my build attempt in A Work in Progress. I just hope I don't fill up the Boo-Boo section. ;D

Thanks You All !!!

Paul

Welcome from me as well Paul

That's a real nice shop you have got there.

Nice looking flywheels too. I like the crown on them. Nice touch.

Very welcome on that forum!!
Best regards
Paolo

Latest posts

Back