Has brouck #10

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly have john ,at least i have while i am still with this employer ,problem is one of volume ,reckon a bottle will run the engine for 10 mins at good power which means i will only be able to run the pump for 10 mins or so .Will get over with some bics in the next couple of weeks ,have been working elsewhere since xmas :)

Managed to get the main directional link arm bit milled up at the weekend .Did have pics but the camera has decided to pack a sad !!Will sort and post

Here is a pic of the engine as it stands ,since last one i have been making all the various linkage arms and the lever for the reverse.Will remove the piston rod this weekend and get the thread on that and get the piston knocked up .Got some hols from work now so you never know ................. :)

25032010415.jpg

We got a live one ..............IT works :big:

Needs a bit of refinement but fundamently it works

chillybilly said:
We got a live one ..............IT works :big:

Needs a bit of refinement but fundamently it works

Chillybilly,

Congratulations.

th_wwp

SAM

Oh we want pictures!!!!! ;D

Congratulations!

Dave

Thanks fellas ,need to get the cylinder firmly secured down and i will have a go at doin the vid thing .

It looks the same as previous ,just with all the brass bushes in the valve gear ,its still in the embryonic state with a magnesiun piston and a neww bore ,and some very pants O rings .

Have only run it on air as a boiler to run it is a whole different kettle of fish :-\

CB,

Congratulations - nice looking engine. :bow:....................what was that about a vid ???

Best Regards
Bob

Still working on vid ,need to get it from the Nokia format to windows something ......on the case .

Have a daft question regards the #10 .
Should the pressure be applied to the valve chest and let the movement of the valve allow the pressure into the cylinder or should it be applied to the central feed into the steam valve and then depending on the valve position be directed into the cylinder either ,the exhaust pressure being released into the valve chest .The engine seems to work in either config......mad world 8)

Steam should be supplied to the valve chest. That causes it to put pressure on the D valve to help it seal. If you supply steam through the central- exhaust- port you tend to lift the valve off its seat.

Thanks ron ,makes sense i guess.Shall plumb it that way round :big:

Back