Habor Freight mill ready

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Harbor Freight mill, I finally got it on some wheels so I can move it, got the at a flea market, they all have needle bearing in them, hard rubber, greasable, added some 2X4 to lift it a little higher yet, the only thing it was missing was the handle on one of the had wheel, machined the and fit quite well, now going to see if I can get on 220 volts, LATHE NUT
handwheel.jpg

Millrightside1.jpg

Sorry LN, but from a safety angle it's a bit of a nightmare. If you'd fixed the axle for the rear wheels on the BACK face of the casing, you could have got the clearance between the bottom of the casing and the floor to about 1/2" and the front Castor's to suit, thus keeping the C of G lower. Have you got any LOCKS on the wheels?? Only thinking of it tipping over backwards. Play safely, Regards Ian

Circlip, that are wider that the pic shows, If I would have put the on the bottom of the cabinet that would have put the machine so low I would have to get on my knees to do the work, as I is I added some 2X4's o get it to that height, it seems to be quite stable, but I don't have a rough floor and not going to break the sound barrier when i move it, I though will be careful, thank, Lathe Nut

Thats a neat job you did on the wheels Lathe Nut..Sharp looking machine all around..

I found my parts accuracy has improved since I bolted my milling machine to the stand and floor. But thats probably more due to practice.

Looks very nice though. Very handy being able to move the machine around.

Been thinking of putting some sort of wheels on my treadle guillotine but that needs some thinking about as that really should be bolted down.

Stability versus space.....

Nice

thezetecman , I am not a good machinist, this is the reason that I put them on something that I can move, that is the reason that I use, "Machine not stable", I hope that it works OK, I have an Atlas shaper and a South Bend on wheels also and see to be OK, this is a quite heavy machine, it does not move easy even with the good wheels that are under it, I have a 30X50 shop want to be able to enjoy the wind, cool air, stay out of the heat when I can, easier to clean up at the door with the chips going on the ground, take care, good day, Lathe Nut

Latest posts

Back