Grizzly 2008 Catalog

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
Did you get your copy of the 2008 Grizzly Catalog yet?

If you did take a look at Page 13 Customer Testimonials.
Very first one in fact.
That will teach me to send emails! ::)

I wish I'd had this train rolling at that time I sent that note to Grizzly.
I could have slipped a plug in there for the site.

Rick

yes got my Grizzly 2008 Catalog. Somehow they never sent a 2007 well that is past now. I will have to look at you plug . Don't worry about the advertising those of us going to CF should be able to reach several thousand folks.
Tin

Should make up t-shirts or something with a logo for HMEM. Or flyers.

My wife does marketing for a couple of well known websites (even a CNC one!), she may be willing to help if you want some ideas :D

Eric

Autographs are not without fees.

I'll give you $5 to let me sign your book! LOL

Rick

Brass_Machine said:
Should make up t-shirts or something with a logo for HMEM. Or flyers.

I am on the Board of Directors for a metalshaping group that does demostrations at airshows and auto shows. One of the things we found to be helpful was a simple business card with the website on it. When you get to talking to someone, just hand them one and ask them to check it out.

Rog02 said:
I am on the Board of Directors for a metalshaping group that does demostrations at airshows and auto shows. One of the things we found to be helpful was a simple business card with the website on it. When you get to talking to someone, just hand them one and ask them to check it out.

We used to do that for a motorcycle club website. It was easy to slot the business cards between the seat and tank on that particular model. Good idea, I completely forgot about it.

Eric

Rake, nice plug for Grizzly. It is too bad there wasn't the ability to plug the site, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Taking the proverbial dirt road somewhat, the folks at Grizzly have been great. I bought a lathe (13x40) from them and there were a couple of little things that happened during shipment. One was the unit arrived without warning! Is showed up a couple of days before it was scheduled to arrive. That meant a mad scamper to get rigged up to off load it (with no help!). It really off loaded easier than I expected.

The other was the outer container looked like some idiot tried to drive a fork lift through the crate. When the unit arrived, I called them before I unloaded it, and the lady waited on the phone as I pulled the crate apart to see if there was any damage to the unit. Fortunately there wasn't even a scratch, so it was a non issue in the end.

Grizzly was willing to do whatever they needed to do to keep me happy with my purchase, and that really says something about their organization. Granted, they don't handle the top of the line best of the best stuff, but they do back their products, and I feel like my unit was a good value for what I have sitting in the shop. Of course, the usual disclaimers; no affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Personally I can't say enough about Grizzly.

I drove 3 hours to their Muncy PA outlet to get my lathe.
I walked through the store and played with every machine there.
Then I took a ticket off the 9 X 19 lathe to the cashier and paid for it.
At the dock the man told me to back my truck up to door #3...
When the fork truck driver saw it was a minivan he was visibly not impressed! LOL
He loaded the crate into the van with no damage to either the crate or the
wife's vehicle.

After I had it set up I had a problem with the spindle bearing adjustment.
I called Grizzly's tech support number and talked to a PERSON!
A person who clearly spoke a language I understood.

Yes Grizzly machines are a little more than the other importers, but to me
they are worth that little extra.

Rick

Oh, the wife's mini van??? I don't think I would have the guts to even dream of putting a greasy machine tool into my wife's car! Not that she'd stop me, but I don't want to hear the complaining for the following several years!! ;D

I collect antique engines.
You wouldn't believe what all has been in the back of that minivan.
Never a complaint from the wife, but if rolling eyes were a weapon I'd be
one hurting unit!
hide.gif

It most certainly does belong here Jack!

Thanks for sharing the story.

Rick

Latest posts

Back