Greetings to all from Sicily

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Ignatius live in the province of Palermo in Sicily, is a machinist and mechanical milling, with a passion for internal combustion engines. Now I'm retired and I can devote myself to my passion in my lab, building miniature engines. In my lab I have two lathes, universal milling machine equipped at all points, a drill and various tools for machining. As soon as I possibly can I'd like to build a 6-cylinder boxer engine to be able to adapt to a Bell 47G helicopter model. I'm sure this forum, many people find competent and passionate, to share information and ideas. You know you tell me where can I find a good project for a 6-cylinder boxer? In the meantime I send my greetings to all of you from the sun of Sicily :fan:.
Bye
Ignazio

welcome to the forum . a 6cylinder boxer may be a bit ambitious for a first engine project. but if you are an experienced machinist and familiar with your tools. you may be you to it.
enjoy your retirement your hobby and the forum.
Tin

Ciao Ignazio!
My grandfather, Ignazio, was from Alessandro Della Rocca.
Small world, no?
I hope you enjoy your officina meccanica and show us some photos of your projects :^)

Last edited:
greetings ignazio i saw this post and was very interested ,will this be radio controlled or a static model. i always loved the bell47 helicopter and saw one at the intrepid in new york last year.i fly rc planes and try to fly rc helis so i will be looking in the future for any new posts good luck

Ciao Ignazio!
My grandfather, Ignazio, was from Alessandro Della Rocca.
Small world, no?
I hope you enjoy your officina meccanica and show us some photos of your projects :^)

Hello Giovanni,
you're right the world is really small. Your grandfather left from Alessandria della Rocca to ensure a future for her family and I think Northern California is a nice place to live and raise their children. Best wishes and I hope that one day you can take a trip to beautiful Sicily and know the land of your forefathers.
See you soon
Ignazio

greetings ignazio i saw this post and was very interested ,will this be radio controlled or a static model. i always loved the bell47 helicopter and saw one at the intrepid in new york last year.i fly rc planes and try to fly rc helis so i will be looking in the future for any new posts good luck

Hello,
my desire is to build a scale model of the Bell 47G, radio controlled, able to fly. I asked and looked for a project that allowed me to build it so true to the original, but I have not found anything. Then I bought a static model and I will try to derive the main dimensions to be able to build. Similarly I would like to build the engine of the bell 47G, which is a 6 cilidri boxer. I'm almost 40 years of experience in precision mechanical engineering, I have no problems with the building, especially if I can count on a good project as a reference.
Best wishes
Ignazio

Last edited:
Ciao Ignazio,
Thank you.
The family farm is still in the hands of the family and I hope to visit someday.
Try getting in touch with Ken Foran.
He has built this helicopter (?) in a scale brass model.
He is also on www.scalemotorcars.com
You should definitely join that forum.

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/foran.htm

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=9715

https://www.facebook.com/ken.foran.12

Ciao Giovanni,
thanks for the information as soon as possible, I will ask Keno Foran, about the design of the helicopter Bell47G.
Greetings
Ignazio

Back