Greetings from a new SCHSM'er.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bolster

Reaction score
Recently joined SCHSM (So Cal Home Shop Machinists), and learned about this site via their links and through Mklotz' postings. I have a small mill (Sieg X3), a belt grinder, and am shopping for a benchtop lathe. I look forward to learning from y'all. :bow:

Welcome Bolster. You'll enjoy it here. wEc1

Regards,
Rudy

And another welcome. You have joined a very informative forum here. Lots of super good people with a wealth of know-how. ironman wEc1

And a hearty welcome to you Bolster. Have you got any ideas or plans in mind for what your first project will be? If model engines are in your fancy, there are several excellent designs available here in the downloads section and plenty of 'tech support' ::) um, that is good experienced advice, on 'how-to' get through any potential problem. Let us hear what your machining interests are and by all means, enjoy the ride.

BC1
Jim

Welcome aboard...to both HMEM and SCHSM. I think you'll find both affiliations helpful in your metalworking activities.

As an ex-president of SCHSM let me take this opportunity to invite anyone in the Southern California area to come visit us and, if you like what you find, join us as a member. We welcome all skill levels, have an extremely informal organization and charge no dues..

steamer said:
Welcome!...where ya from? :)
Dave

Los Angeles...near Torrance. This is the program that got me hooked...http://southbaymachine.com/. Wonderful (and inexpensive) J.C. courses under the direction of Prof. Hofmann. This is the same shop, BTW, where SCHSM meets.

bearcar1 said:
And a hearty welcome to you Bolster. Have you got any ideas or plans in mind for what your first project will be? If model engines are in your fancy, there are several excellent designs available here in the downloads section and plenty of 'tech support' ::) um, that is good experienced advice, on 'how-to' get through any potential problem. Let us hear what your machining interests are and by all means, enjoy the ride.

Thank you sir. First projects are all tooling projects...(1) trying to get a rotary table up and running (needs chuck); (2) would very much like to turn a foredom flex-shaft into a mini router, by building the router base portion; (3) need to build a better table (with mitre slot) for my Coote belt grinder; and (4) converting a vintage wood bandsaw to metal, with gear reduction. So I'll likely be hanging my hat in the tooling section for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the warm welcome.

mklotz said:
Welcome aboard...to both HMEM and SCHSM. I think you'll find both affiliations helpful in your metalworking activities. As an ex-president of SCHSM let me take this opportunity to invite anyone in the Southern California area to come visit us and, if you like what you find, join us as a member. We welcome all skill levels, have an extremely informal organization and charge no dues..

Thank you, neighbor! Yes, SCHSM is an excellent mix of knowledge and camaraderie. Very enjoyable.

Bolster,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome from a fellow SCHSM'er !! I'm sure I'll run into ya @ one of our meetings :)

Mike

Latest posts

Back